FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

ALL procharger guys, get in here

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 07:06 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow ALL procharger guys, get in here

Just the other day I put new shaft seals in my blower( as procharger wants 450 just to do that job, is 2 weeks turnaround *** that), as I was having a issue with(blower) oil getting on the MAF, in the IC piping, blowing a fine mist from the bypass valve. I have talked to the guys at procharger plenty of times, am on a first name basis with them.. They say it is normal to have some oil leakage from the impeller seal.. Well even with a brand new seal in there, it is doing the same freaking thing. My ??? to you all, have you or do you have a small mist of oil in your piping or misting from the bypass?? This is something that is a pet peeve to me, I am not liking it.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey John,

I've seen a small amount (teaspoon max) of Procharger oil pooling at the elbow before the intercooler and at least 6 or 7 kits I've worked on on dismantled for parts. I think a small amount is pretty common but I've never had it foul the MAF and mist out the bypass valve.

Did you replace more than one seal? If only one, could the other be leaking? I would think only the compressor seal could let oil into the cold pipes but is there anyway you can pinpoint which seal you replaced is leaking? Was there any scoring on the shaft that would let oil seep by?

I take it you ordered them from superchargerrebuilds? Maybe they can tell you how to track down the problem seal.

Rick
Old 10-18-2010, 08:57 PM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by Rick_Vor
Hey John,

I've seen a small amount (teaspoon max) of Procharger oil pooling at the elbow before the intercooler and at least 6 or 7 kits I've worked on on dismantled for parts. I think a small amount is pretty common but I've never had it foul the MAF and mist out the bypass valve.

Did you replace more than one seal? If only one, could the other be leaking? I would think only the compressor seal could let oil into the cold pipes but is there anyway you can pinpoint which seal you replaced is leaking? Was there any scoring on the shaft that would let oil seep by?

I take it you ordered them from superchargerrebuilds? Maybe they can tell you how to track down the problem seal.

Rick
Yes from supercharger rebuilds..Yes the impeller shaft seal, pulley shaft seal. The impeller shaft is the only place that oil can get into the piping.. So I am guessing this is normal..
Old 10-18-2010, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've seen a small amount in the 90* elbow that exits my FMIC.It doesn't come out of my bypass or bother the maf.

1.You only put 6oz. in right?

2.Do you think their is still alot of oil in your piping and fmic from the old seal and it is causing the problem still?
3.Can you tell on your dipstick that it is losing oil?
Old 10-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by sharpshooter
I've seen a small amount in the 90* elbow that exits my FMIC.It doesn't come out of my bypass or bother the maf.

1.You only put 6oz. in right?

2.Do you think their is still alot of oil in your piping and fmic from the old seal and it is causing the problem still?
3.Can you tell on your dipstick that it is losing oil?
I could before I did the seal. Now that it is new and only been in 1 day, I havn't been able to tell. Yes I am sure that it is the correct amount.. As far as old oil, yes maybe some, but not where the bypass is. I am going to roll with it for now to see if it stops..
Old 10-18-2010, 09:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sharpshooter
I was thinking this as well. I don't see any oil at my bypass, and it doesn't mess with my MAF either.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by sureshot
I was thinking this as well. I don't see any oil at my bypass, and it doesn't mess with my MAF either.
Well this was before I tore it down to re seal it.. I havn't checked my MAF again, but from the mist coming out the bypass I think it will be messing with it soon. I dunno. Hmm turbo here I come well maybe
Old 10-18-2010, 10:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sureshot
X 3. You should pull all your piping and FMIC, wipe out the piping with rags and solvent and put the FMIC on end to see if any oil drains out overnight. Might just be some residual from the original bad seal.

Rick
Old 10-18-2010, 11:01 PM
Baltimore Whore

We'll see. Like I said I am going to run it a bit. I am sure some oil is left in there. I only cleaned out the one elbow,so very poss. But it still has a small bit on the pipe directly in front of the bypass opening..
Old 10-19-2010, 02:19 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

The whole time I ran the D1sc, I never had a drop of oil in the piping. It was always completely dry, even in the volute. Guess I had a good one.

Funny thing though, I had a rebuilt F2 (hadn't been run since rebuild) sitting on a stack of papers on my desk for a couple weeks. I had it sitting there intake side down so it would stand still. I picked it up the other day to ship it off to procharger for some extra work and the stack of papers was covered in a film of oil.

Quick Reply: ALL procharger guys, get in here