FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Another Radix question....

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 11:42 AM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by slowfive0
Very impressive!!! You give me hope---lol. How agressive were you with the timing
I think about 21 degrees without any KR through the entire run.. I would like to do an aggressive tune with race gas and more meth to see I can get more out of it. On the dyno, going from 21-22 degrees did not add any power, so we backed it down to 21. I ahve heard some guys running 25 degrees with the Radix, risky business. lol
Old 06-03-2009, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i heard that with the tr9s u can get more timming due to colder plug ?
Old 06-03-2009, 11:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was the 21 with pump fuel and no meth? I don't have meth and I run 93.

Originally Posted by Last Call
I think about 21 degrees without any KR through the entire run.. I would like to do an aggressive tune with race gas and more meth to see I can get more out of it. On the dyno, going from 21-22 degrees did not add any power, so we backed it down to 21. I ahve heard some guys running 25 degrees with the Radix, risky business. lol
Old 06-03-2009, 12:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Correction: My timing is 16-17 max, but the IAT spark table is pulling CRAZY timing at anything about 100^ IAT's! At 131^ it's pulling 5^'s. At 153^ it's pulling 8^'s!!! No wonder I've seen 10 degrees of timing on some of the runs of I've made....

How high are everyone's IAT's and are your IAT spark tables pulling any timing at those temps? Thanks.

My timing is at 17 right now. Am I going to see a second improvement from that? Also, I thought if I get any KR, that it pulled the timing back pretty aggressive??? I know you can set the sensitivity of it (KR), was yours set at stock levels or did you make it less sensitive. Do I have to have Meth injection? Also, wondering if a more aggressive cam or better heads will help----it seems like it doesn't from searches I've done in the past. Something to do with blower creating how much airflow the engine can have and that it is getting a little small for the 6l motor....

Any possiblity of seeing one of your tunes or some of the tables? Thanks again.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:17 PM

Correction: My timing is 16-17 max, but the IAT spark table is pulling CRAZY timing at anything about 100^ IAT's! At 131^ it's pulling 5^'s. At 153^ it's pulling 8^'s!!! No wonder I've seen 10 degrees of timing on some of the runs of I've made....

How high are everyone's IAT's and are your IAT spark tables pulling any timing at those temps? Thanks.
I just checked my last log from the track... Timing was actually 19.5 the entire run. Beggining IAT was 117, finish was 149. Computer did not pull any timing and there was no KR.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Awesome info. Have you run that tune like that without Meth?

I just checked my last log from the track... Timing was actually 19.5 the entire run. Beggining IAT was 117, finish was 149. Computer did not pull any timing and there was no KR.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

On the dyno, I found the same thing. 21* gave me the most power however I would get 1-3* of KR at those levels even with 93 pump gas and 50/50 meth injection. For all of my 11 sec runs but one, I would desensitize the K sensors in the tune to prevent this. Risky...sure, however I had plans if she blew anyway. I know it would have gone quicker.

My drag tune and my street tune varied greatly. I would zero out my "adder tables" and rely on a finely tuned HI / LO octane table for the drag. My street tune would start pulling spark at the 122 column in the higher airmass sections.

IAT temps for all of my 11 sec passes were in the 80-90* range at the start and finished up in the low 11X's. If my original tuning laptop didn't die, I would shoot you some scans of the runs. Attached is an old scan of I think a 12.000 run. This was before I really started pushing it (still ran TM ) however you can get an idea of where the IAT's were and also see where my timing was through the run. This was just a default HPT scan, nothing special, no wideband however the fueling was in the mid 11's at the start and leaned out to 11.8ish at each shift (intentionally).
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
island3-9.hpl (71.2 KB, 76 views)
Old 06-03-2009, 12:50 PM

Awesome info. Have you run that tune like that without Meth?

Nah, I dont have enough injector to run without the meth.. lol I would work on your IAT table, and just make sure you are not getting any KR. I would think if you could hold the commanded timing the whole run, you would see an improvement.

I would throw your truck on a dyno and see how much timing you can run and how much power the timing generates. i would recommend a meth kit. It will make your engine run better in the heat and prevent KR.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

AWESOME FEEDBACK GUYS!

This is what I needed to get started. Thanks a million guys! Pretty aggresive tune there 21^.....

I'm AWD so dynos are far and few between around here. Should be easy enough to tune (I have a wideband on it). How easy is it to integrate the WB (LC-1) with the HP software?
Old 06-03-2009, 01:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Are you spraying meth through the blower? I thought that was a no no? Also, are you using one or two nozzles? Thanks again.

Nah, I dont have enough injector to run without the meth.. lol I would work on your IAT table, and just make sure you are not getting any KR. I would think if you could hold the commanded timing the whole run, you would see an improvement.

I would throw your truck on a dyno and see how much timing you can run and how much power the timing generates. i would recommend a meth kit. It will make your engine run better in the heat and prevent KR.

Quick Reply: Another Radix question....