FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Another Radix question....

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nope, couple of bolts, soft tap with rubber mallet and it pops right off.

I am gonna clean it up and sell it, thinking about modding the IAT sensor while I am in their. I like this pic, it really shows where it is, no where near airstream, hell even tucked up away from where air comes in at. Just looking at it gives me the visual of 9#'s of air waiting to go into the engine, that IAT sensor has no chance of cooling down even if the air was good. Heat soak city in that little cubby hole.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dewmanshu

I haven't had my catch can installed very long.

I clean the bottom some...good enough IMO...

Sorry but is this before or after u installed a catch can?
Old 06-04-2009, 02:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I have some good news and some bad news (for me anyways). The guy that owned the truck before me also had a magnavolt on there, but still had fueling issues. Well, the magnavolt connector was all corroded up and there was no sealant around the actual connector that went into the case---when I talked to Brian and he told me how to ck it, it wasn't boosting the voltage so I took it off when I fixed the fuel pump wiring.

Well, I have a new magnavolt and I just put it on. Turns out the guy had the magnavolt wired wrong so it would have never worked anyways. He was wired to the wrong white wire. Instead of the rpm signal (pin 10---Wh wire), he was wired to vent solenoid (pin 45 IIRC---Wh wire). I put it on and redid all of the wiring, tested it and I have 17+ volts!!!!

Here's the crappy part----took it out (still with the shitty detuned cal in it) and it still drops fuel pressure. Maybe not as bad, but I did see it get to 52 or maybe 53. I'm going to bed..........Thanks for listening to my rant.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:29 PM
12 Second Truck Club

What's next? New filter and lines?
Old 06-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by slowfive0
Well I have some good news and some bad news (for me anyways). The guy that owned the truck before me also had a magnavolt on there, but still had fueling issues. Well, the magnavolt connector was all corroded up and there was no sealant around the actual connector that went into the case---when I talked to Brian and he told me how to ck it, it wasn't boosting the voltage so I took it off when I fixed the fuel pump wiring.

Well, I have a new magnavolt and I just put it on. Turns out the guy had the magnavolt wired wrong so it would have never worked anyways. He was wired to the wrong white wire. Instead of the rpm signal (pin 10---Wh wire), he was wired to vent solenoid (pin 45 IIRC---Wh wire). I put it on and redid all of the wiring, tested it and I have 17+ volts!!!!

Here's the crappy part----took it out (still with the shitty detuned cal in it) and it still drops fuel pressure. Maybe not as bad, but I did see it get to 52 or maybe 53. I'm going to bed..........Thanks for listening to my rant.
Its always going to drop fuel pressure with boost on a returnless fuel system. Mine is returnless too. Only way to fix it is to swap over to return system if it bothers you. I have a 255lph Walbro intank, and 72lb injectors, my fuel pressure hits 52lb at the top of 2nd @ 12lb boost and 11.6afr. Yes my fuel pressure drops but I dont have any problem hitting my desired AFR. Also the tune on a Returnless truck is different to compensate for the dropping fuel pressure at WO. It will drop some bone stock.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm finding that out. One thing now, even though I'm droppping some pressure, I'm not lean one bit! I'm going to put some timing to it right now---lol!

I'll let you guys know. THank.s

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
Its always going to drop fuel pressure with boost on a returnless fuel system. Mine is returnless too. Only way to fix it is to swap over to return system if it bothers you. I have a 255lph Walbro intank, and 72lb injectors, my fuel pressure hits 52lb at the top of 2nd @ 12lb boost and 11.6afr. Yes my fuel pressure drops but I dont have any problem hitting my desired AFR. Also the tune on a Returnless truck is different to compensate for the dropping fuel pressure at WO. It will drop some bone stock.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm going to stay returnless if possible. I'm going to see what it will tolerate and how fast I can get it to go with what I have. I would like some consistent mid 12's. If it leaning out, I'll try the dual lines at the tank to the rails and see what happens.

Originally Posted by BigCountryx
What's next? New filter and lines?