FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Any tips on cam, springs & other valvetrain, crank pin kit for Radix?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 06:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those wires are sweet and expensive...have heard good things about vette wires??
Old 09-28-2010, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by OnyxSilveradoSS
those wires are sweet and expensive...have heard good things about vette wires??
They are, but one can get the same type 130 degree boots for the typical MSD wires as well.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skolman91
So Stop beating around the bush, whats the before and after #'s? Whats your a/f? What dyno? What gear, unlocked locked?
NicD had similar results with 50+ in spots and 40peak hp gains i believe.
jiar577 "Give us some numbers man".

The dyno sheet will be up tomorrow. Like I said, the numbers aren't that great IMO, but it was on a Mustang dyno in 3rd gear. My A/F was 15.6 when we started, but he kept having to add fuel, add fuel. He said this cam
apparently likes fuel. Maybe it was 50 in 1 spot or another, but according to my max, it wasn't.

use the compare function in HPT...there is a tab that will list ALL of the differences between two tunes...its pretty cool, but you'll get lost looking at different tunes...you did not call me for a dyno appointment?
Call you? You don't pick up your phone. :nunchuk1:

Heck, I didn't even know u wanted to go dyno your slug.

Look, do u wanna go to track on Wed. Sept. 29th or what?
Let's see what u can do. I'm planning on a PB!!!

Originally Posted by 1Bear
It isn't the most visually appealing, but here was my solution to burning the plug wires on #5 & #7 cylinders.

Also, 90 degree boots don’t work the best on LS type motors due the plugs being so inset so far down in the heads. A better solution would be wires with 130 degree boots, such as the ones below.
I'm not real concerned w/. pretty. Functional, yes.

How much were those? Gimme a p/n & some info where u picked em up or call me tonight please.

The same type 130 degree boots for the typical MSD wires are how much?

I think I have a new set of wires in my parts hold.
If I can't find em, I want a good solution.

Last edited by fastnblu; 09-28-2010 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Fixed track date
Old 09-28-2010, 10:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fastnblu

Call you? You don't pick up your phone. :nunchuk1:

Heck, I didn't even know u wanted to go dyno your slug.

Look, do u wanna go to track on Wed. Aug 29th or what?
Let's see what u can do. I'm planning on a PB!!!

yea, because I wourld rather wrench than talk on the phone :nunchuk1:

I dont have to put my truck on the dyno to enjoy the experence.

no track for me...you mean september 29...its raining
IMO your throwing mod money away not getting the radix on before track testing and retuning.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

yea, because I would rather wrench than talk on the phone :nunchuk1:

I dont have to put my truck on the dyno to enjoy the experence.

no track for me...you mean september 29...its raining
IMO your throwing mod money away not getting the radix on before track testing and retuning.
What have u wrenched on...lately?!? And it has to be on your truck!!!

That said, if u haven't, then have u wrenched on anyone's ride lately since you're talkin smack?

Well why did u ask about callin u for dyno then?

So no dyno & no track. You're starting to sound like a bench racer.

Fixed the date & even started a thread. Look it's not gonna rain. 68° & sunny according to Comcast & local media. How often does that happen? PM me Bob's #, please. I'm not gonna throw Radix on & not know (learn) what this cam is capable of.
Kinda defies my logic of a step-by-step process. It's been retuned too.

I wish you'd reconsider. Since u say you've been tuning, don't u wanna see your efforts?
Old 09-28-2010, 01:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by fastnblu
jiar577 "Give us some numbers man".

The dyno sheet will be up tomorrow. Like I said, the numbers aren't that great IMO, but it was on a Mustang dyno in 3rd gear. My A/F was 15.6 when we started, but he kept having to add fuel, add fuel. He said this cam
apparently likes fuel. Maybe it was 50 in 1 spot or another, but according to my max, it wasn't.
I hope its at least in the 260 range on a Mustang.. whats the big deal with just saying? Didnt you dyno before something ridiculously low like 19x hp?
Old 09-28-2010, 02:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

I hope its at least in the 260 range on a Mustang.. whats the big deal with just saying? Didnt you dyno before something ridiculously low like 19x hp?
It's still low imo, but IDK.
According to my dyno sheet, this is from 9/3 vs 9/26:

Minimum, Max & Avg HP;
Then: 143, 195, & 179
Now: 148, 233, & 206

Min, Max, & Avg TQ;
Then:211, 245, & 229
Now:250, 270, & 260

I think he said at 5500, it was still pulling. My dyno sheet stops at 5000, so of course, it sloped upward.

Last time, I wrote down 198HP @ ~4700. TQ was 306 ft.lbs.
This time, I saw a pull that said 214 HP @ almost same, & TQ was 326.
He said that musta been an error. IDK what to think.

So I guess the more accurate version(s) are in red & green.

Last edited by fastnblu; 09-28-2010 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Added info
Old 09-28-2010, 02:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

why is it stopping at 5000? Is that what you meant by "he didnt want to push it" and stopped at 5500? You should be at least taking it another 1k rpm to see what its making/looking like..
what were your shift points at before and after this tuning?
what does your tuner usually deal with? fbodys/vettes? sbc stuff?
Old 09-28-2010, 02:57 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 391 Likes on 261 Posts

Your dyno guy makes no sense....why did he only graph to 5k? Why not pull to 6k+ to see where you make power? If its too much speed do it in 2nd gear. The torque differences between 2nd and 3rd isnt that much (less than 10% in my case), and it will give you data over the whole range.

The diferent numbers he is throwing around sound like with and without weather corrections.

Min and avg horsepower numbers are pretty useless....obviously, the min is going to be at the lowest RPM. The min, max, and avg torque numbers on the other hand are very useful if you specificy an rpm range since that will give you a good idea of your torque curve.

Take a picture of the dyno sheet with a camera or a phone or something, you dont need to scan it.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

why is it stopping at 5000? Is that what you meant by "he didnt want to push it" and stopped at 5500? You should be at least taking it another 1k rpm to see what its making/looking like..
what were your shift points at before and after this tuning?
what does your tuner usually deal with? fbodys/vettes? sbc stuff?
The graph I have in my hands ends @ 5000. Seems to me he had another showing higher, but I think he printed this out to compare it to last time. Like I said earlier, I plan to call him Thur. cause I told him I'd let him know how I ran Wed. I think he meant he didn't wanna push it just to get 4-5 ft lbs. to tax the motor more w/. these taller tires. Don't really know. Still recommended 4.10s, even tho he knows a Radix is goin on. I told him when huffer is on, I'll see what it gets in 1/4. If I like the result, 3.73s will most likely go in. If not, 4.10s will be considered.

IDK what is goin on w/. this site. It's goin slow & it didn't put up what I added to my last post. But basically I said this, I'm not lookin for the fastest, most radical cam or truck nor a dyno queen. Nor track star. I prefer track results over a dyno, don't wanna kill mileage on my DD. This is the cam I had & have. Who knows if I had to do again, & never bought it yrs. ago. I tend to think a GT2-3 would be in there. But there are some others I might would try. That doesn't mean I don't like this cam tho.

Shift points, I'd have to look at my HPT. Those were set from before. He told me last time everyone likes different trans / shift characteristics & told me the other day, that'd be up to me.

He usu. deals w/. F-bodies. I've never seen a Vette there to date. He's got a Impala gettin an LS3 tho. And had an old style AC Cobra that day.

Last edited by fastnblu; 09-28-2010 at 03:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Any tips on cam, springs & other valvetrain, crank pin kit for Radix?