FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Anyone try tapping the OEM fuel rail ends?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 07:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not maxed out. I was surprised that even at my HP level my fuel pressure never drops back. But running two of them is not a bad idea.

As for this whole fuel rail thing....why not just buy new rails and call it a day? Why all the trouble just to see if it will work and take the chance it wont.

Also, we make flip chip PCMS. You can send us your box and we can make them up to 6 programs if I remember correctly.

Rick
Old 11-18-2009, 08:18 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you could buy rails or you could just tap the stock ones and use those. pretty sure it will work as well as after market rails.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:52 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawk179
I am not maxed out. I was surprised that even at my HP level my fuel pressure never drops back. But running two of them is not a bad idea.

As for this whole fuel rail thing....why not just buy new rails and call it a day? Why all the trouble just to see if it will work and take the chance it wont.

Also, we make flip chip PCMS. You can send us your box and we can make them up to 6 programs if I remember correctly.

Rick
My bad. When we were discussing your fuel and Meth system while you were loading my 4L80E program, it sounded like you thought you were really maxing out the single pump. I figured if I'm going to all the trouble to upgrade my fuel system, I might as well do something that will let me play with E85 down the road (we got an E85 station in Concord over the summer).

I know I could buy a $150+ fuel rail but for the $10 I spent on a used returnless rail and crossover, I thought I'd give it a try. If the tap doesn't seem rock-solid, I'll order new rails.

You can walk me through the flip chip PCMS next time I'm at your new shop. Sounds pretty cool being able to switch between tunes.

Rick