FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

awsome fab work on some twins

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 12:49 PM
Banned Scammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silveradoman
im not 100% sure on this but the more flow the better?? i would guess so since the turbo gets its power from the exhuast
That's kind of what I thought but never knew really. I like the look a million times better too.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:24 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That IC to TB pipe is going to get plenty hot... Someone tell George to flip the turbos so the exhaust side faces out.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:21 PM
TECH Addict

the nice thing on the headers though , is he probably got them for about what it would cost to make. they are also very symetrical and will flow evenly from bank to bank unlike alot of turbo setups putting alot of pressure on one bank .

to bad he isnt allowed here anymore.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
That IC to TB pipe is going to get plenty hot... Someone tell George to flip the turbos so the exhaust side faces out.
these are georges exact words :
the charge pipe will be fine with the coating of the down pipes and double wrapping of the downpipes. Also the charge pipe is right in front of the fans which will also push air across everything. Thanks for the lookout but ive already thought of that

after a full pass on my pt88 setup i could touch my downpipe with those above steps.

Originally Posted by 2004SSS
the nice thing on the headers though , is he probably got them for about what it would cost to make. they are also very symetrical and will flow evenly from bank to bank unlike alot of turbo setups putting alot of pressure on one bank .

to bad he isnt allowed here anymore.
exactly he bought the headers for almost the cost of building them, smart move.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:44 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice to see he's still working on his truck. Is that his 408 in there finally or is it still the 4.8L?
Only issue I see with using those headers is unless he coats and wraps the headers, not just the DP he's gonna lose alot of P.E. in the form of heat out of those headers. The secondary job of LT's is to dissipate heat and that's not necessarily a good thing in this application.

Originally Posted by silveradoman
im not 100% sure on this but the more flow the better?? i would guess so since the turbo gets its power from the exhuast
Those headers in this application will not flow any more than a set of cast iron OEM headers would. The biggest restriction in any turbo system is the turbo itself. What he is doing is awesome, super clean, and like he mentioned done for the soul (sole) purpose of display. It is very cool what he is doing!
Old 03-18-2010, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Nice to see he's still working on his truck. Is that his 408 in there finally or is it still the 4.8L?
Only issue I see with using those headers is unless he coats and wraps the headers, not just the DP he's gonna lose alot of P.E. in the form of heat out of those headers. The secondary job of LT's is to dissipate heat and that's not necessarily a good thing in this application.

Those headers in this application will not flow any more than a set of cast iron OEM headers would. The biggest restriction in any turbo system is the turbo itself. What he is doing is awesome, super clean, and like he mentioned done for the soul (sole) purpose of display. It is very cool what he is doing!
from quik in reply to spoolin.

the headers are 1 7/8s which will flow and carry out further then stock manifolds do. As for heat concern that will be taken care of. Also dont over think things to much. Headers have been used in turbo builds for years now and no real issues with spooling
Old 03-19-2010, 12:15 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tell George I said

I never said they are gonna hurt anything, just pointing out that LT's generally dissipate heat as well. And that the biggest restriction is the turbo, so the flow characteristics of the LT's aren't as important in this turbo build as opposed to him using those on a N/A set-up where LT's will show a much bigger gain due to their flow characteristics.

Custom header builds for turbo applications are meant to time the pulse's of the exhaust evenly so they hit the turbine separately and are therefore not bunched up. I'm sure he knows this, I'm just putting it out there for anyone else reading this.

Tell George to stick his 408 in there already!
Old 03-19-2010, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Tell George I said

I never said they are gonna hurt anything, just pointing out that LT's generally dissipate heat as well. And that the biggest restriction is the turbo, so the flow characteristics of the LT's aren't as important in this turbo build as opposed to him using those on a N/A set-up where LT's will show a much bigger gain due to their flow characteristics.

Custom header builds for turbo applications are meant to time the pulse's of the exhaust evenly so they hit the turbine separately and are therefore not bunched up. I'm sure he knows this, I'm just putting it out there for anyone else reading this.

Tell George to stick his 408 in there already!
im sure hes keeping an eye on this thread, thanks for the input btw
Old 03-19-2010, 08:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn quik, i thought you could only tune!!! wtf lol thats some impressive fab skillz, keep up the great work!!! gonna be an awesome setup!!
Old 03-19-2010, 09:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Except that he bought the headers premade from stainless works...

I can appreciate the effort put into the rest of it though.
I think it was smart to use an existing product. Much time and maybe money saved. I have no desire to build a one-off set of turbo headers if i could buy something mostly done. Just my .02

Quick Reply: awsome fab work on some twins