FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Belt alignment, help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes the nut is facing the front. I have to compare the difference in depth in the oem magna pulley and pulley boys. I know the 3.0 pulley boy pulley was a sitting a hair back but nothing to really to shim. The 2.9 that i have now is going to need shimming.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:22 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Interesting. I've used pulleyboys for 2 Maggie trucks, including my own. And never an alignment issue.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:24 AM
On The Tree

My other pulley from them had no issues. Yesterday i took a good look at it and as the belt is coming of the pulley and going to the idler pulley, the belt is about 16th (guessing) off the idler pulley. Then as its going off the idler pulley, the belt is more on the idler, but still not completely on it. Now this is going from the maggie pulley to the idler pulley and to the alt. pulley. I will call pulley boys today and see what they say.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:05 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hope ya get it fig.ed out.

I talked to pulley boys on the phone, they seemed pretty helpful.

South Fla. pulley is VERY helpful too.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blownss06
My other pulley from them had no issues. Yesterday i took a good look at it and as the belt is coming of the pulley and going to the idler pulley, the belt is about 16th (guessing) off the idler pulley. Then as its going off the idler pulley, the belt is more on the idler, but still not completely on it. Now this is going from the maggie pulley to the idler pulley and to the alt. pulley. I will call pulley boys today and see what they say.
Did u try shimming the Alt pulley to pull the belt farther outboard? U can also buy a wider idler (I did that) that will ride farther inboard. Fact is, as long as ur not tearing belts, and keeping boost, why worry about it?
OR: you may be able to reverse the pulley on the new maggie tensioner (I think each side has diff offset), that will push the belt farther outboard from there and then u can shim the blower pulley and line the whole thing up...ur running 6 rib right?
Old 06-17-2010, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

Yeah i am running the 6 rib. I cant shim the alt. because it would need to go in. The whole problem is in the maggie pulley. I already talked to pulley boys and they told me to get the offset of the oem maggie pulley and call them back. They told me that the 3.0 pulley i have from them is the same offset as the 2.9, but the 2.9 could be off who knows. I am going to remove the 2.9 and measure the offset of the oem, 3.0 and the 2.9. Once i get the measurement pulley boys will find one with that offset.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

Just talked to pulley boys and the 2.9 that i have now sits to far back. They dont know of they have one to match mines so he wants me to send the oem one so they can make one. But i have to pay for another pulley, even though they sent the wrong one they wont credit me for it. I told him that i dont think thats fair and that i will probably just shim it. He then told me that he doesnt recommend shimming it. I think their pulleys are for oem supercharged cars and since it the same charger as the one we use they advertise it as working for our trucks.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Have you tried talking to Magnuson, or one of their vendors? That would be the first place I'd try before going with some aftermarket deal that might not fit.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, I'm a dumbass! I just read thru your posts, you did talk to Magnuson already. Sorry!
Old 06-18-2010, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

Actually i havent talked to magnacharger about a smaller pulley, dont know if they make one. I will give them a call right now and see what they have.

Quick Reply: Belt alignment, help!!!