FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Best exhaust setup with magnacharger

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 07:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best exhaust setup with magnacharger

I'm running the TVS2300 and planning on reworking my exhaust. I'm thinking of cutting my header y-pipe and running two 3" stainless pipes into Magnaflow dual inlet/dual outlet muffler and then dual tailpipes out to rear. Not for sure if I would run them to bumper or both out right side. I'm thinking the least amount of bends. Will this work or should I do something different?
Old 09-09-2009, 08:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have about the same setup you are planning with the exception of 2.5" pipe and cutouts in the mix. I like the performance and sound of mine.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Free flowing exhaust will let me add more timing. Will that setup be free flowing enough?
Old 09-09-2009, 10:51 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just did one last week that is worth posting about.

Stock 5.3l with a 112. 3.3" pulley I think.

Made 361 with all stock exhaust.

Put on China long tubes (OBX) and made a custom dual 3" exhaust. 2 3" dynomax bullets, x-pipe, and then 2 dynomax ultra flow oval mufflers. Sounds like stock at idle and really nasty at WOT.

Made 401rwhp after the exhaust!
Old 09-09-2009, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Very good example.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:05 PM
12 Second Truck Club

I've got LPP headers, 3" ORY to 4" exhaust. I had a Corsa diesel catback and it sounded wicked with no drone at all, but was a little too loud and had a little too much rasp w/o cats. My muffler developed a rattle so I swapped it out for a 24" x4" Magnaflow for the time being. It has a little drone, but sounds great, wish I could have fit the 30" in the Corsa piping, but bends were too close. I have been thinking about redoing it again though, might run a 3" off each collector straight back over the crossmembers, though a pair of magnaflows and dump it on the drivers side down and out before the tank, then match the length on the passenger's side. The dumps would be towards the rear of the cab, may be a little too much. So may see if there is a way to tuck em up high and above the driveshaft towards the rear kinda like a vette, all the way to the back, but keep equal length all the way.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

OBX longtubes into 2.5 Dual in/Dual out 24" X-Magnaflow muffler out the back. Stock Idle powerful WOT. Not getting the numbers you all are. Think mines blown and blown-up.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by scooter k
Free flowing exhaust will let me add more timing. Will that setup be free flowing enough?
if your gonna advance at all, i would only go with +1 and slowly work your way from there. your truck will take a few cycles to learn everything correctly (the new exhaust, flow and backpressure or lack of). after a few cycles, try another +1 if you feel its worth it. i would hate to see a nice truck have problems. so just be careful. but you should definately see some great numbers with a full exhaust and some timing. good luck, hope it works great
Old 09-09-2009, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have 1.75 LT's with 3" duals all the way back. You'd be surprised how much back pressure you have in just about any system. I had 2 chamber flowmasters before and back pressure would reach 4psi at high rpm. I have magnaflows now and back pressure is a little lower. Both setups are too freakin' loud for my tastes. It's a shame no one makes a muffler that's free flowing and quiet at cruise.

With a TVS 2300, to optimize things, you need Long Tubes and big pipes all the way back with free flowing mufflers. I think you're right about running more timing with less back pressure. You can overcome backpressure with more boost, but you can't run as much timing in that situation.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by old motorhead
I have 1.75 LT's with 3" duals all the way back. You'd be surprised how much back pressure you have in just about any system. I had 2 chamber flowmasters before and back pressure would reach 4psi at high rpm. I have magnaflows now and back pressure is a little lower. Both setups are too freakin' loud for my tastes. It's a shame no one makes a muffler that's free flowing and quiet at cruise.

With a TVS 2300, to optimize things, you need Long Tubes and big pipes all the way back with free flowing mufflers. I think you're right about running more timing with less back pressure. You can overcome backpressure with more boost, but you can't run as much timing in that situation.
I'm running ARH 1 7/8 headers with no cats. I haven't even fired it yet but will this weekend. The y-pipe is 3" and I plan on cutting it where they meet. I'm not for sure where to run the tailpipes yet. Out the back on each side of bumper or both out behind the RR tire??

Quick Reply: Best exhaust setup with magnacharger