FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Best exhaust setup with magnacharger

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 01:14 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine is not bad just cruising. Kinda hard to tell from the vid in my sig though, because I edited out most of the constant speed segments.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:19 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm, I've got a single 4" in/out Magnaflow 7" round, 20" case at it drones a little more than I like, and is a little louder than I need early in the morning, leaving my subdivision. But I have longtubes, no cats and a full 4" diesel exhaust, guess there's no way around loud.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by old motorhead
I'm cutting the cutouts out and adding a couple of resonators and an X pipe back in. It's all going in between the headers and the Magnaflows. I'm hoping it will be closer to quiet at cruise. I don't mind the noise accelerating, but I've had my fill of this exhaust that never shuts up. I don't hear too good to start with, so passengers have to scream for me to understand them. Gets old quick.
Mine is louder than f__k. I have been running this setup for one week and the noise will get old quick. I'm running duals into muffler and duals out. No cats.
The muffler is an Aero and X's internally. Instead of getting a different muffler I'm thinking of just adding resonators but don't want to restrict the flow any.
They would have to go in front of muffler between headers and muffler.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by scooter k
Mine is louder than f__k. I have been running this setup for one week and the noise will get old quick. I'm running duals into muffler and duals out. No cats.
The muffler is an Aero and X's internally. Instead of getting a different muffler I'm thinking of just adding resonators but don't want to restrict the flow any.
They would have to go in front of muffler between headers and muffler.

I'm going to try the Vibrant Performance ultra quiet resonators. They are a 3" in and out straight through design. Shouldn't be any more restriction. They should be in next week. I'll report back and let folks know how they worked (or didn't work). Adding an X pipe at the same time. Hoping for the best...
Old 10-03-2009, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm going to try the Vibrant Performance ultra quiet resonators. They are a 3" in and out straight through design. Shouldn't be any more restriction. They should be in next week. I'll report back and let folks know how they worked (or didn't work). Adding an X pipe at the same time. Hoping for the best...
Let me know how it works out
Thanks
Old 10-07-2009, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Any update on your exhaust?
Old 10-07-2009, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by scooter k
Any update on your exhaust?
Resonators came in today. Truck and resonators are at the muff shop. Should know tomorrow afternoon. I'll let you know as soon as I know.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Report on resonators

I have long tube headers, H pipe, twin Vibrant Performance stainless ultra quiet resonators, and twin magnaflow mufflers. It's 3" from the collectors all the way back....no cats. Tailpipes exit behind the rear wheels. Before the resonators and H pipe, it was a constant low roar at cruise. Annoying to say the least. Now, you can still hear the exhaust, but it's entirely tolerable. You can talk and hear without shouting. It might be even quieter if the tailpipes exited straight out the back. I think it was worth the money (at least to me). While it's not totally quiet at cruise, it's a big improvement over what I had. The resonators were $90 each plus shipping and I paid the muff man 100 to add them and the H pipe.

At WOT, it's still almost as loud as before. The resonators are a straight thru design and I don't think they add any exhaust restriction.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:27 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 391 Likes on 261 Posts

Im thinking about swapping out my magnaflow hi-flow cats for some resonators. The cats made my exhaust drone right around 2000 rpm which is where I spend most of my time and its miserable.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

There's no drone in mine, but I would think that cats would quieten things down more than these resonators I'm using. Been wrong before though.

Quick Reply: Best exhaust setup with magnacharger