FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

blower cam

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blower cam

i know this has been talked about before, i just cant find the thread. so im going to start a new one.

I found LPE is stocking the zr1 camshaft.

i know this camshaft was specifically designed for a blower but how would it far in a 5.3l

it is quite similar to the gt-7. but i was just trying to get some of yalls input as to this particular blower camshaft.

-JG
Old 11-03-2010, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jg53
i know this has been talked about before, i just cant find the thread. so im going to start a new one.

I found LPE is stocking the zr1 camshaft.

i know this camshaft was specifically designed for a blower but how would it far in a 5.3l

it is quite similar to the gt-7. but i was just trying to get some of yalls input as to this particular blower camshaft.

-JG

Yes, it's a cam designed with a blower in mind. It was also designed with emissions in mind. It was also designed with ham fisted mullet owners in mind. They had to have a mild cam for warranty issues. The LS9 cam is a result of lots of engineering hours and lots of compromises. It's a very specific cam that fits a very specific set of parameters. For f/i, I wouldn't use it on anything larger than a 4.8L motor. Yes, it will work on any LS motor you install it correctly in. That said, I'd get in touch with Pat G and have him spec you one for your exact set of conditions, wants, and needs. If you're going to go to all the trouble of a cam swap, why not optimize it for your exact rig? It's the mechanical brains of your motor.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 254 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by old motorhead
Yes, it's a cam designed with a blower in mind. It was also designed with emissions in mind. It was also designed with ham fisted mullet owners in mind. They had to have a mild cam for warranty issues. The LS9 cam is a result of lots of engineering hours and lots of compromises. It's a very specific cam that fits a very specific set of parameters. For f/i, I wouldn't use it on anything larger than a 4.8L motor. Yes, it will work on any LS motor you install it correctly in. That said, I'd get in touch with Pat G and have him spec you one for your exact set of conditions, wants, and needs. If you're going to go to all the trouble of a cam swap, why not optimize it for your exact rig? It's the mechanical brains of your motor.
Well said!
Old 11-03-2010, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by old motorhead

the more i have read/debated about me switching from the camshaft i have to one specified for a blower. the more i want one that can optimize the power in my setup. this is why i have started to look at these blower cams.

and getting one spec'd by pat g has been in the back of my mind as well. im just trying to get some input to what else there is out on the market before i pull the trigger
Old 11-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its only 25 bucks to get him to spec one out for you. No obligation to buy. IMO its some of the best money that can be spent on optimizing a combination. I had him spec one out for my combo and Ive got three cams to try simply because I want to see how close his recommendation is to the results I want to see.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Its only 25 bucks to get him to spec one out for you. No obligation to buy. IMO its some of the best money that can be spent on optimizing a combination. I had him spec one out for my combo and Ive got three cams to try simply because I want to see how close his recommendation is to the results I want to see.
cant argue with that. 25 bucks is worth it to see what specs he will give you. especially when throwing the blower on. might have to give him a message or go to his site.

still open to suggestions!
Old 11-03-2010, 08:51 PM

With your setup I think you need a cam like the one youve been pestering me about
Old 11-03-2010, 09:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

why do you think i have been asking so diligently! haha you saw how quick i inquired about it when i saw that you got the new cam!
Old 11-03-2010, 11:20 PM

Believe me, once Im done iwth it you will be the first to know if you havent already gotten something by then.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thats great news to hear! thanks!

Quick Reply: blower cam