FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

blower cam

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by grey matter 04
ok so why not say the duration and keep lift and lsa private?
We have no idea what lobe is used so no way to copy it
thats fair enough.

212/224
Old 12-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucille
I think it has more to do with the overlap of the valve events. NA cams with overlap allow boosted gases to escape through the exhaust valve, where Blower cams typically close the exhaust before opening the intake. But again that's just a NOOB's understanding.
You'll want some overlap on a blower cam too... Might lose a pound or two of boost, but its a cleaner intake charge. Overlap will let a bit of boost creep through when both valves are open and purge the combustion chamber of residual exhaust gases, allowing more of the combustible mixture in and therefore more power. Doing the math, with a combustion chamber thats 10% the size of the cylinder volume (10:1 compression motor), flushing that combustion chamber theoretically allows for 10% more power from each cylinder. Losing 1-2psi is worth it if you consider it that way
Old 12-29-2011, 10:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeshow
You'll want some overlap on a blower cam too... Might lose a pound or two of boost, but its a cleaner intake charge. Overlap will let a bit of boost creep through when both valves are open and purge the combustion chamber of residual exhaust gases, allowing more of the combustible mixture in and therefore more power. Doing the math, with a combustion chamber thats 10% the size of the cylinder volume (10:1 compression motor), flushing that combustion chamber theoretically allows for 10% more power from each cylinder. Losing 1-2psi is worth it if you consider it that way
Dang, yall are starting to talk over my head now.. I will say that the spec'ed cam is just a tad smaller than i expected on the intake duration.. I am by far no cam genius but i figured it would be mid 21x on the intake.. I just realized that this tread is fairly old but im looking into the same topic and there was alot of good info going around this thread.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 310 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by jg53
The only reason why I did not share the whole cam specs is because I had this specd out by patG and since i paid for the cam to be specd out i feel why not keep what i paid for. If however i bought an off the shelf cam, like the vinic trucker i would be more than happy to share the specs with yall. I am not trying to be secretive at all at to what my cam specs are, I just want to keep what i paid for and be respectful to the Guerra Group for their paid work and not "pirating" their business.

These cam specs were created for your particular set-up so the specs are really meaningless to anyone else but you.....no one is gonna steal you cam cause it was made just for your application
Old 12-30-2011, 08:05 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 391 Likes on 261 Posts

similar setups behave similarly....they dont have to be identical for the cam specs to be useful.