FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

BoostJuice Recipe $1.50 gal.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here local, I pay $23.00 for a new 5 gal pail...
Old 01-12-2010, 06:58 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kbracing96
+1 I've gone through a ton of -20 WWF, no problems yet with it and I use my WW tank so I have a built in warning light.

This is the way I run my truck every day with a M15 nozzle. I've been doing a bunch of reading on other forums and seem like the hot ticket now is 3 nozzle setups. The guy I talked to said I would see much more gains buy running 2 M7 nozzles spraying at each other (he said the M15 is a horrible sloppy nozzle and doesn't do a good job of atomizing the fluid) and also a M5 pre-turbo for WWF and step it up to a M7 pre-turbo if I step up to strait Meth. That's what the BIG BOYS are running for Meth setups.

can i get a link or two? why the pre-turbo nozzle?
Old 01-12-2010, 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I may step up to straight meth, but still use the WW fluid tank to retain the notice if it gets low. But why 3 nozzles? Why rely on meth so much? IDK just thinking out loud.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 4.8T
can i get a link or two? why the pre-turbo nozzle?
Check out Yellowbullet.com 's FI section. Some REAL turbo racers in there, lol. The guy I talked to a little says it cools at the source of the heat, where it does the most good and helps the turbo make a better seal for compressing the air making for a more efficient compressor.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ducky
I think I may step up to straight meth, but still use the WW fluid tank to retain the notice if it gets low. But why 3 nozzles? Why rely on meth so much? IDK just thinking out loud.
More, smaller nozzles do a better job of atomizing the Meth/WWF then 1 big one. Better atomizing means smaller droplet sizes which vaporize easier which makes for better distribution..
Old 01-12-2010, 10:03 PM
TECH Resident

Check out Yellowbullet.com 's FI section. Some REAL turbo racers in there, lol. The guy I talked to a little says it cools at the source of the heat, where it does the most good and helps the turbo make a better seal for compressing the air making for a more efficient compressor.
I may be totally wrong but it seems like that would be counter-productive. The more heat you can keep in the exhaust before the turbo, the power to drive the exhaust turbine. Also, the Meth sprayed into the exhaust has definetely become a gas so I'm having trouble understanding how it would create a better seal. I could see a liquid creating tighter tolerances betwen the housing and the blades.

I've also seen a couple postings on people trying to spray their Meth before the intercooler (but after the turbo/supercharger). Both posts had problems with Meth pooling in the intercooler and etching the aluminum If I recall correctly, the general conclusion was to let the FMIC cool the charge as much as the ambient air will let it and then chemically lower the temp even further by the evaporation of the Meth.

I had to take Cheminstry twice because I sucked at it but as long as your not suffering from distrbution problems with the Meth, I would imagine the larger droplets would absorb more energy (heat) to break their bond and become a gas so it would lower AIT's better. Along the same lines as why liquid in your radiator cools better than steam. This also myay be totally wrong but I'm on a roll. :-)

Rick

Last edited by Rick_Vor; 01-12-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think he means pre-turbo on the intake side.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

You misunderstood Rick, the third nozzle is pre-COMPRESSOR, not spraying into the exhaust turbine side, The meth would already be in vapor form as it passed though the intercooler so no way it could have any corrosion affect. And it's only a small amount being sprayed pre-turbo that seems to go a long ways. I'm just saying what I see the guys racing 1000-2500hp setups have started going to. Must be some kind of trickle down affect for use little guys, Worth trying.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:33 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by brent5631
I think he means pre-turbo on the intake side.
Guess your right. Time for an edit.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:36 PM
TECH Resident

You misunderstood Rick, the third nozzle is pre-COMPRESSOR, not spraying into the exhaust turbine side, The meth would already be in vapor form as it passed though the intercooler so no way it could have any corrosion affect. And it's only a small amount being sprayed pre-turbo that seems to go a long ways. I'm just saying what I see the guys racing 1000-2500hp setups have started going to. Must be some kind of trick down affect for use little guys, Worth trying.
My Bad! Trying to surf while taking care of a couple sick little ones. :-)

I could see it helping in the air intake side. The blades would definetely homogenize the Meth. Sorry for the brain fart...

Quick Reply: BoostJuice Recipe $1.50 gal.