Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 03:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered the 228,236 / 595,605 @115
Old 03-10-2011, 05:46 PM
TECH Addict

daym you and masterp are going to have some fun . your trucks should be close on boost vs boost.

cant wait to see what you guys can do . i know the centri's on the lq9 can be monsters. right before mine let go it was insane. Hope to see you guys push it and deep 11's are attainable without a doubt.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:31 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

With your new cam specs your setup will be very similar to my old set up with the addition of about 20 cubes and the stock intake. With a stock crank pulley and a 4" blower pulley at 7000 rpm I was seeing 14 psi. So that will get you in the ball park. I've said it before and I'll say it again, don't fall into that trap with trying to throw a small pulley on there right off the bat. Start with a pulley you know you can control, get the truck running good and then try to step it up. It really will save you some headache in the future learning how to control the belt slip, and it will happen at those engine speeds with a stock tensioner and 6-rib.

Regarding the fuel system, don't waste your time on trying to get that 044 to work returnless in my opinion. Convert to a return style. Also, if it makes the same power as mine did those 60's will be beyond maxed, especially without meth.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:30 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am seeing ruffly 10-11 psi with a 3.7 p at my shift point 6200 on my 6.0, a solid 10psi starting @ about 4800.. I am also running mild 6.0 stock heads, a cam on 112lsa..I was unaware that 05 up 6.0's came with ARP bolts??? Seems you have most of the setup squared away.. Still think that cam might have just a little bit to much lift on stock heads, but none the less the air is getting blown into the thing.. Also not sure if you knew, but a BOV is probably not going to work well on that set up, as it acts totally different then a bypass valve..
Old 03-11-2011, 08:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=Blown06;4660529]. Start with a pulley you know you can control, get the truck running good and then try to step it up. It really will save you some headache in the future learning how to control the belt slip, and it will happen at those engine speeds with a stock tensioner and 6-rib.
QUOTE]

Exactly what I have planned. Friend of mine (hottelsss) has a 3.85 pulley im going to start w/ and adjust from there.

Also you think 69 lbs/hr at 58 PSI, 725 cc/min isnt going to be enough injector?

Thanks a lot for your help
Old 03-11-2011, 12:04 PM
TECH Addict

you can go a long way with this setup if fueled properly . if your planning on a d1 over 10 psi . i wouldnt second guess a return setup with a decent pump or two. its better to do it right now and grow into your shoes. unless you want an excuse to go bigger in the end its a great idea to do now.

from my centi setup i learned alot. the 8-rib will help alot as i did run into some big belt slip issues at higher boost and 3.0 standard pulleys. im a fan of gates belts not gatorbacks as they dont have the contact area even with the grooves. The hd tensioner from magnuson is also something i would be adding now. and should take your 6 rib a bit further without having to do the 8-rib just yet .

you wont get an exact psi as every thing is different and factor in . wise advice to start with a larger pulley and grow from there.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:20 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004SSS
you can go a long way with this setup if fueled properly . if your planning on a d1 over 10 psi . i wouldnt second guess a return setup with a decent pump or two. its better to do it right now and grow into your shoes. unless you want an excuse to go bigger in the end its a great idea to do now.

from my centi setup i learned alot. the 8-rib will help alot as i did run into some big belt slip issues at higher boost and 3.0 standard pulleys. im a fan of gates belts not gatorbacks as they dont have the contact area even with the grooves. The hd tensioner from magnuson is also something i would be adding now. and should take your 6 rib a bit further without having to do the 8-rib just yet .

you wont get an exact psi as every thing is different and factor in . wise advice to start with a larger pulley and grow from there.

What kind of boost numbers were you seeing with your vortech with a 3.0 pulley.. I will DEF DEF put a gates on there. I was popping 3 belts a month with gatorcraps, have been running this gates for well over a year, not a issue
Old 03-11-2011, 12:31 PM
TECH Addict

i forgot to be honest. i was running a 2.8 reichard , 8 rib , hd tensioner , with no slipping on my 370@15 psi . thats all i could get the blower to make and it was out of steam. t-trims are rated at 800 fwhp i think the d1sc is able to make a bit more but i have less experience with procharger , i do like them over vortech from my bearing problems with the vortechs. if i were going centri again procharger would be my choice.

on the stock lq9 iirc i ran a 2.9 on the v2 s-trim(iirc the p1sc equivalant) i was making about 11-12 . the t trim made a little more but for the money i spent on upgrading to the t-trim it was not worth it .

sorry for the hijack , tried to keep it somewhat relavent. good luck on this. if its like your engine bay now you will be able eat off it . i see reflections of middle finger photos from the bling to follow.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2004SSS
i see reflections of middle finger photos from the bling to follow.
LOL .....good info Chase. Thanks for the food for thought
Old 03-11-2011, 09:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
I am seeing ruffly 10-11 psi with a 3.7 p at my shift point 6200 on my 6.0, a solid 10psi starting @ about 4800.. I am also running mild 6.0 stock heads, a cam on 112lsa..I was unaware that 05 up 6.0's came with ARP bolts??? Seems you have most of the setup squared away.. Still think that cam might have just a little bit to much lift on stock heads, but none the less the air is getting blown into the thing.. Also not sure if you knew, but a BOV is probably not going to work well on that set up, as it acts totally different then a bypass valve..
We had a talk with the owner Tial about this. They make a spring to be used with a centri. blower. I'm confident it will work after our discussion.

Quick Reply: Calling Procharger guys.....head on in