FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Can this cooler help keep temps down better???

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 01:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked to a Magnacharger rep. the other day and he told me that what the stoch bosch pump puts out was what they had the best temps. with. He said if you flow more water through the IC and HX there is going to be less heat transfer. It is something that you have to play with. To much water flow not enough heat transfer to little same thing. The Mezeier pump flow 30 GPM and the Bosch 5 GPM, so yes slowing the Mezeier pump would result in faster cool down times. Me personally dont care about cool down, I want to maintain low (10* or less above ambient) IAT and slower IAT rise at WOT runs. My setup cools it down fast and I am currentlly running 17*-20* above ambient @ cruise.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01 BERGER CAMARO SS
Full Air to Water Heat Exchanger Kits Here!

Water to Air Intercooler Radiator - 26x7x3.5 (Type 101)
[WAT001026]

These radiators are designed specifically for use in air to water intercooler applications.

At seven inches tall, they are perfect for mounting in front of the radiator on most cars.
With four strategically placed mounting points, they are easily mountable with the water inlet and outlet on either the left or the right.
All aluminum construction provides maximum cooling with water or antifreeze/coolant.
Water inlet and outlet are 1/2" NPT female threads, just like most air to water intercoolers.
These radiators feature a drain plug on the bottom for incredible installation flexibility.
In case you wish to include a water temperature gauge in your installation, these radiators feature a 1/8-27 NPT tap for a temperature sending unit. They ship with a plug installed in case you do not wish to use this feature.
Radiator is packaged well and double-boxed before shipping.

Depending on your air to water intercooler setup, these are usually good for over 1200 HP.

...I found it at frozenboost.com and it list for 179.99+shipping. ...
I really like that it has greater surface area, a drain petcock & that 1/8-27 NPT tap for a send'g unit.

blownss06, like you, I'll be runnin a Radix 112 & after readin so many times on here, I too need to finds ways to keep my temps down. At track, I'm not concerning for DD street use.

Red04Silverado, did u ever run this since u were lookin at it for your maggie setup?

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
I don't know if anybody has used one of those yet, but with those dimensions, it should have quite a bit more surface area for cooling efficiency. I'm not sure if it will fit behind your grille without some cutting, especially if you have a larger tranny cooler. If you don't mind a little cutting, I think you could make it fit. ...
Roger, even w/. my 40K, this may create little issue on mine, but '99-02's, it may be a concern.

Originally Posted by one fast ss
I have this one on my truck with e-fans wired to a switch in the cab. It fits behind my grill but my tranny intercooler was already re-located where the bumper is...

I would say it depends on how much boost your running. Since I knew I was going to run 15 psi I upgraded to this system from the get go. my IAT's remain pretty cool for the most part and cool off another 10-15 once i keep the fans on.
Nice setup! I won't be at 15, but 10# will more than likely happen.

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
Run them both the stock unit and that new core. You can never have to large of an HX.
Rick, it usu. comes down to packaging I'd think. I thought of a V- HX, but since I have my 40k cooler in there, IDK if there's room to have my stock 112 HX & the V-HX also.

Originally Posted by Atomic
which would be better, 2 hx or 1 larger one with the same surface area as the 2 smaller ones?

...This is something interesting I found....

http://timskelton.com/lightning/race...ooler_pump.htm

slower pump speed = better heat transfer
I'm wonderin the same thing? You're lookin pretty hard at this I see.

Originally Posted by blownss06
My stock mp112 is about 24-7.5-1. The one he mention is longer,1/2 shorter and 2.5 thicker. So yes it does have more surface area.

I talked to a Magnacharger rep. the other day and he told me that what the stock bosch pump puts out was what they had the best temps. with. He said if you flow more water through the IC and HX there is going to be less heat transfer. It is something that you have to play with. To much water flow not enough heat transfer to little same thing. The Mezeier pump flow 30 GPM and the Bosch 5 GPM, so yes slowing the Mezeier pump would result in faster cool down times. Me personally dont care about cool down, I want to maintain low (10* or less above ambient) IAT and slower IAT rise at WOT runs. My setup cools it down fast and I am currentlly running 17*-20* above ambient @ cruise.
Are u tryin to do this for track, cause this is only time I think I'll have concerns?
Old 06-13-2010, 02:20 PM
Staging Lane

Can this cooler help keep temps down better???-downsized_0130001516.jpg This one has been working good so far
Old 06-14-2010, 07:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by unique 04
Attachment 52540 This one has been working good so far
Thats the cts-v hx right?
Old 06-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Staging Lane

No its from frozen boost cheaper than the cts-v one