FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Compression test... is this good, little steam,blow by.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 09:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compression test... is this good, little steam,blow by.

just ran a compression test on all my cylinders on my 370ci. 6.0 PT88mm Turbocharged...and >

all of them were from 145-148psi is this good seems to me a little low. what do you all think of this numbers. My engine is a 370ci. low compression 8.8, pistons are Probe -16.5cc with Diamond rings... top ring was gaped at .22 and second ring was gaped .26 for boost. But im having a little blow-by blowing threw the filter on top of the valve cover... looks like steam enough where you can see it coming out. but the oil pressure is steady at 38-40psi at idle and from 60-80 psi at wide open trottle. Well what do you think ? is this normal anyone having little blow-by at idle? i also checked my spark plugs and they all look real clean with no oil at all.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:51 PM
8 Second Club

looks normal to me, i have the same on my 370 aswell..
Old 12-12-2009, 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Flaco
looks normal to me, i have the same on my 370 aswell..
thanks on repling flaco... but do you have sum steam coming out or sum blow-by on the 370. im just courios cause truck runs great... just want to hear what everyone else has to say about this.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:58 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by mike06tork
thanks on repling flaco... but do you have sum steam coming out or sum blow-by on the 370. im just courios cause truck runs great... just want to hear what everyone else has to say about this.
no i dont, but how do u have your pcv system ran.. make sure its like a one way valve not to push boost through crankcase...( if u do )
Old 12-12-2009, 10:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

no i dont, but how do u have your pcv system ran.. make sure its like a one way valve not to push boost through crankcase...( if u do )
well right now im just running breathers on all my vents and steam started to come out my valve cover breather. but i used to run a catch-can (small one) with a check valve, it would fill up quik so i removed it like 2 days ago. can you let me know how you run yours on the lil sis.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:14 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by mike06tork
well right now im just running breathers on all my vents and steam started to come out my valve cover breather. but i used to run a catch-can (small one) with a check valve, it would fill up quik so i removed it like 2 days ago. can you let me know how you run yours on the lil sis.
i run a pcv from intake to driver cover and the stock oil cap on the other...
pass valvecover i have a 3/8 hose from cover to a catch can...takes care of it..

just like this one................http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...-1&showValue=1
Old 12-12-2009, 10:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i run a pcv from intake to driver cover and the stock oil cap on the other...
pass valvecover i have a 3/8 hose from cover to a catch can...takes care of it..

just like this one................http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...-1&showValue=1
ok ive been searching your lil sis threads to see if i find a pic of how do you have it routed and i found this one, do you have any other picks i can see on the engine bay. you run your check valve only on the driver cover right but i dont get how you have the driver cover routed. thanks man for the help.

i see the catch can... do you find any oil in there sumtimes?
Old 12-12-2009, 10:33 PM
8 Second Club

thats the only one i have...but the hose is attached from the pass-side hose that used to go behind the throttle body.... i just routed it to the catch can...and it does get full of oil, but it takes alot of runs to do so
Old 12-12-2009, 10:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^ thanks man.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine dose the same from time to time

Quick Reply: Compression test... is this good, little steam,blow by.