FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Critique and help my turbo build!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
You can only raise part throttle timing so much to gain tq, tq is what get you the mileage while cruising down the highway. The rating of the injectors is a fairly mute point for mileage, it has to do with the resolution of the injectors so they atomize the fuel better. The pumps fueling the injectors has nothing to do with tuning or mileage at part throttle other than the pumps are either working or not.

I would LOVE to see an 8.8scr 5.3 get 20 mpg, Ill eat my hat if I see one. The tuning you keep referring to only goes so far, you cant overcome mechanical short comings with tuning.

The original poster is milling the heads to bring his CR back up some so I suppose we'll never know what the results would be on a turbo app.
well how about one better yet. you just dont post in threads you have no idea what yoru talking about. There is a 4.8 that rests at 8.8scr that has got that kind of MPG. Go search it and youll be eating more then just your hat bud.

The way you speak is from no actual experience, youre not a tuner, youre not a mechanic, your not a turbo guru, youre not an engineer, so what are you besides the typical repeat person? Cant easily tell by your posts just in this thread you have the slightest clue what your talking about and just try and make yourself sound intelligent.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by La Tu Papi
well how about one better yet. you just dont post in threads you have no idea what yoru talking about. There is a 4.8 that rests at 8.8scr that has got that kind of MPG. Go search it and youll be eating more then just your hat bud.

The way you speak is from no actual experience, youre not a tuner, youre not a mechanic, your not a turbo guru, youre not an engineer, so what are you besides the typical repeat person? Cant easily tell by your posts just in this thread you have the slightest clue what your talking about and just try and make yourself sound intelligent.
Dont believe everything you read sweatheart, and you registered this month and know everything Ive done in the past huh? You have no clue what I know, what Ive done or who/what I have to pull from for resources on any subject that comes up on this board. Its funny you think I need to impress people on the internet to validate myself in the real world

If you want to discuss anything further you can PM me, Im done with this thread, Ill let you guide this guy since apparently youre the Dan Millan of Mexico
Old 03-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input everyone, the heads are currently at the machine shop and since they are getting cleaned up I did decide to get them milled .015". That should put me right at that 9.1-9.2 range. Some might say it is too high while others will argue it is too low. Regardless that is where it will be ran and I will let everyone know how it does with power output and fuel economy.

I will be starting a build thread on Friday night when I get into to tear down and hope to have a video of the truck running home from our shop on Sunday evening. Also, I will be adding a 1.5" body lift and a HD front to take care of the destruction that I posted on the previous page.

Again thanks for the input, I did get some ideas and help from this thread!!