FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Custom fuel system install pictures needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can run a single feed with a crossover, or a Y in the main line that then makes it to where theres a line going to each rail directly from the main feed line... either or
Old 11-30-2010, 08:23 PM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

No y block needed.
Simply take your original feed line into the fuel rail, cross over to the other one, then out the end of the fuel rail.
Then take the end of the fuel rail to a regulator, then out the regulator, then to a return hose going to the tank.

pretty easy
Old 11-30-2010, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sprayedenali
you can run a single feed with a crossover, or a Y in the main line that then makes it to where theres a line going to each rail directly from the main feed line... either or
So dual feed into rear of both rails then I would need to run two lines to
regulator? Is there a preference on the right way to do it?
Old 12-01-2010, 12:19 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 391 Likes on 261 Posts

I am going to run a Y off the main line to the front of each rail, then separate lines from the back of the rails to the regulator.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:32 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FarmTruc
One thing I like to do when routing a fuel system is pressurize the fuel rails first, then regulate it. It always works out better, whether it be dual feeds or a Y block, get fuel to the rails first.
As for your question, no. It doesn't need to be that close, you can mount it on the firewall or down on the frame, whatever is easy for your setup.
I've actually done it both ways and have not noticed any noticeable difference. Is there any advantage to running a Y-block as opposed to a crossover? I'm gonna be in the 1xxx rwhp range and would rather just do the cross-over because it's simpler and cleaner. Just curious if there is any advantage to have in your opinion over having the rails fed independent of each other.

I've heard when using a crossover the first injector in the system depending on which way you route stuff will see a 5-6 psi difference than the last injector would.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Spoolin
I've actually done it both ways and have not noticed any noticeable difference. Is there any advantage to running a Y-block as opposed to a crossover? I'm gonna be in the 1xxx rwhp range and would rather just do the cross-over because it's simpler and cleaner. Just curious if there is any advantage to have in your opinion over having the rails fed independent of each other.

I've heard when using a crossover the first injector in the system depending on which way you route stuff will see a 5-6 psi difference than the last injector would.
That would be my concern also.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Spoolin

thats why i ran mine the way i did, with two lines going to the rails. it very well might not make a bit of difference, but it still works and i feel better about it than using a crossover...
Old 12-01-2010, 07:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

I talked with Lonnie about it and he said single inlet is the way he goes and has been proven to 1000rwhp. I'm probably just going to do the crossover because it looks cleaner also.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

I've always followed the recommendations of aeromotive and never had an issue.
those issues stated above become more critical as hp increases.

there are ppl making good power with less than desirable fuel setups, but that's one thing i never skimp on with my track truck. once you have a good fuel system you never worry about it. it sux to build a setup with lots of potential then to have fuel pressure drop, not enough volume, etc.

1000hp, build it big and it's always cheaper to do it right the first time, i'm sure you know that.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FarmTruc
I've always followed the recommendations of aeromotive and never had an issue.
those issues stated above become more critical as hp increases.

there are ppl making good power with less than desirable fuel setups, but that's one thing i never skimp on with my track truck. once you have a good fuel system you never worry about it. it sux to build a setup with lots of potential then to have fuel pressure drop, not enough volume, etc.

1000hp, build it big and it's always cheaper to do it right the first time, i'm sure you know that.

Yeah it is expensive for sure. I guess I thought I was doing it right??
I'm doing an -8 feed line and -6 return with dual pump setup.
They are telling me single inlet with crossover is the way to go.

Quick Reply: Custom fuel system install pictures needed