FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Custom Radix Heat Exchanger How To

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 05:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is at least as big as two Radix hx's if not bigger. You could always utilize the factory one as well if you feel it is worth it. It is a dual pass hx which makes it basically 4x as effecient as the factory radix. It's about the same width just 2.5x taller.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks man. look real good
Old 04-13-2006, 05:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2004Denali
I bought one from mjhoward, I'll let everyone know how it fits on a 04 Denali
Mark
2004Denali installed his and had some issues. Maybe we can get him to embellish a little
Old 04-13-2006, 06:57 PM
TECH Addict

The only reason I had issues is because I am not to mechanicly inclined and had to do some fab work which is hard for me to do. I had a factory tranny cooler in front of my radiator which made it hard to fit. I just had 2 trannycoolers w/fans installed behind my lower bumper ( this is not my truck its thunder550 but I did the same thing.
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...chmentid=34255
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...chmentid=34253
I took off the factory cooler and now the HX fits great. I would recommend getting this from MJhoward, He is a great guy and will do anything to make things right if there is any problems
Mark
Old 04-13-2006, 07:21 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004Denali
The only reason I had issues is because I am not to mechanicly inclined and had to do some fab work which is hard for me to do. I had a factory tranny cooler in front of my radiator which made it hard to fit. I just had 2 trannycoolers w/fans installed behind my lower bumper ( this is not my truck its thunder550 but I did the same thing.
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...chmentid=34255
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...chmentid=34253
I took off the factory cooler and now the HX fits great. I would recommend getting this from MJhoward, He is a great guy and will do anything to make things right if there is any problems
Mark
Awww I'm famous!

How's it work for ya? What do you think of the HX so far? Any noticeable difference?
Old 04-13-2006, 07:40 PM
TECH Addict

I am wanting to say my AIT temps dropped by about 15 to 20* but it's been awhile since I logged any AIT. I also hooked up a 12in fan infront of the HX and it runs whenever the intercooler pump runs (which is all the time) I also hooked up a switch so I can turn on the intercooler pump and fan with engine off when I am in the staging lanes at the track so I can run cooler water through the SC.
As for the tranny coolers I just picked it up today from getting the lines hooked up so I don't know how they are doing yet. I ordered a fan controller http://www.dccontrol.com/
When that gets here I will hook up the fans.
While I have everbodys attention let me ask what is the best temp to keep the tranny at. I know HOT is bad but to cold isn't good either. With the controller I'm getting these are the choices I can set it at. 158*,166*,173*,187* I was thinking 166* anyone else have any thoughts.
Mark
Old 04-13-2006, 08:06 PM
High on diesel fumes

I have been told that 230 is about where you want to start getting worried about it....I personally don't like to see anything over 180. Mine will get up just over 180 in traffic till I turn the fans on, but typically I never see anything over 165 or so.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

I am no longer interested in building these hx's due to possible liabilities and problems that I don't want to take the time or the headache to address. I will be happy to help anyone with advice the best I can.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:44 PM

Would there be any interest in a custom 100% aluminum piece with or without Spal fans?

Here is a couple of pics with fan option... note plug-and-play... including wiring harness... no cutting / no fuss install... for an 03-04 Cobra... http://www.xmsengineering.com/cooling ... something I was involved with a couple of years ago. The Corba HE also had 1/8"NPT ports on entrance and exit tanks for temp monitoring if so desired...

Note the price of the Cobra heat exchanger on Xtreme's website (with and without fans). If there is interest in a clean plug and play solution let me know and I'll get the ball rolling on a kit... including proper vendor sponsership of this forum. If the price range is not palletable then I will not pursue...

Bill
Old 04-14-2006, 02:17 AM
High on diesel fumes

I'm going in to XMS sometime soon to talk to them about buying a NW 90mm TB - I'll have to ask about this too. Do they need a truck to test fitment?

Quick Reply: Custom Radix Heat Exchanger How To