FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

D1 procharger vs tvs 2300

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Fastest D1 Procharged Truck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blown06

Why?

Because everybody says its better, even though most of those talking don't have experience with either. They just read here that TVS>Procharger so that now has become a fact.

It's funny to me that the only ones recommending the TVS so far is a guy with a 112 and another with K&N who claims he's getting a procharger.

One thing to remember, once you max out the TVS (which will be easy on good flowing 408) and want more, what do you do? Once you max out the D1sc (which few have done) and want more, you upgrade to a F-series, sell the D1sc and still have less money out the door than the $7500 minimum it costs to do the front inlet jackshaft 2300.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

your on the wrong site to ask this question... they are extremely biases on here . i would go cintrifical over a roots style on a set up like that. d1 or bigger f1 . not to mention it would be cheaper but you have way more potential .
Old 01-28-2010, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why?

Because everybody says its better, even though most of those talking don't have experience with either. They just read here that TVS>Procharger so that now has become a fact.

It's funny to me that the only ones recommending the TVS so far is a guy with a 112 and another with K&N who claims he's getting a procharger.

One thing to remember, once you max out the TVS (which will be easy on good flowing 408) and want more, what do you do? Once you max out the D1sc (which few have done) and want more, you upgrade to a F-series, sell the D1sc and still have less money out the door than the $7500 minimum it costs to do the front inlet jackshaft 2300.
I can't say it any better man.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:46 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

There should be a sticky at the top of the page, or something in the forum rules that disallows anyone to comment on a FI combo unless they currently have one.

Also, I don't want everyone to get the wrong impression about me. I'm not the dick I sound like sometimes, and I'm always willing to help fellow truckers/racers. I like what I read about the TVS blowers from those that have them. Llaverito has done awesome things with his 1900 and I'm very anxious to see his 2300 combo run. Also, as I have mentioned, Joe at leftcoast32 has a 2300 that makes 21 psi on a 370, which I can promise you is a fun ride for anyone. But at the same time, the TVS blowers have their place. And that place is not being compared to a centri of anykind. Its like comparing an indy motor to a prostock motor. They are both awesome in there own respects. I'm happy with my choice in FI, but my truck goes to the track alot more than others. So here is my final opinion on this comparo and I think most will agree.

If you want a truck that you race and push to the limits and you know that you will always want to go faster then the centi gets the win.

If you want a truck that does double duty both at the track and daily driver and can be satisfied at a specific power level for long periods of time, you can't make a bad decision with the TVS or the centri. It will come down to personal preference. How do you like your power to come on, sound, cost, simplicity, tech support and looks just to name a few.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:46 AM
13 Second Truck Club

You say the TVS2300 will run out of breathe, didnt super sub get 14-18psi on his 427 with one?
Old 01-29-2010, 03:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think the 2300 should be compared to the f1 its like if u compare the d1 to the tvs1900 no comp
Old 01-29-2010, 07:07 AM
TECH Resident

There should be a sticky at the top of the page, or something in the forum rules that disallows anyone to comment on a FI combo unless they currently have one.

Also, I don't want everyone to get the wrong impression about me. I'm not the dick I sound like sometimes, and I'm always willing to help fellow truckers/racers. I like what I read about the TVS blowers from those that have them. Llaverito has done awesome things with his 1900 and I'm very anxious to see his 2300 combo run. Also, as I have mentioned, Joe at leftcoast32 has a 2300 that makes 21 psi on a 370, which I can promise you is a fun ride for anyone. But at the same time, the TVS blowers have their place. And that place is not being compared to a centri of anykind. Its like comparing an indy motor to a prostock motor. They are both awesome in there own respects. I'm happy with my choice in FI, but my truck goes to the track alot more than others. So here is my final opinion on this comparo and I think most will agree.

If you want a truck that you race and push to the limits and you know that you will always want to go faster then the centi gets the win.

If you want a truck that does double duty both at the track and daily driver and can be satisfied at a specific power level for long periods of time, you can't make a bad decision with the TVS or the centri. It will come down to personal preference. How do you like your power to come on, sound, cost, simplicity, tech support and looks just to name a few.
Very well stated. I think that the magnuson blowers are very well made units and produce awesome power. Like you said, both blowers have their place. When I was in the market for a supercharger, I researched and debated between magnuson and procharger. In the end, I chose procharger and I'm extremely happy with my choice.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:59 AM
doesn't know what quit means

i still think the d1 has competition for a 2300.... well from the results i have seen from other people...
Old 01-29-2010, 08:50 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1000 flywheel hp daily driver is not to shabby for a 2300, I get 15 mpg 0n 14 psi with a 3.2 pulley, my boost tip in is @ 43% throttle and can/have driven it cross country at a drop of a hat... whats really insane is the amount torque instantly of idle. I've recorded 766 rwtq @ 2500 rpm on a calibration pull using a mustang dyno.....

In another ride it could do incredible times and still be driven any where...

I think with right blower for the right engine combo is going to offer the same, Regaurdless of the manufacturer.

They all have there limits, And i have not found mine. A D1SC would not get me 1000 hp, an F series would get me there and then some, But at what cost?? I have 6600 lb DD SUV. Pro's and con's to both I chose 2300.

The 2300's are still some what new to the scene, and excellent results have been acheived. Trucks , and cars alike tire schredding heart ripping power!!!!

Any body want a ride?

Last edited by supersub; 01-29-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by supersub
1000 flywheel hp daily driver is not to shabby for a 2300, I get 15 mpg 0n 14 psi with a 3.2 pulley, my boost tip in is @ 43% throttle and can/have driven it cross country at a drop of a hat... whats really insane is the amount torque instantly of idle. I've recorded 766 rwtq @ 2500 rpm on a calibration pull using a mustang dyno.....

In another ride it could do incredible times and still be driven any where...

I think with right blower for the right engine combo is going to offer the same, Regaurdless of the manufacturer.

They all have there limits, And i have not found mine. A D1SC would not get me 1000 hp, an F series would get me there and then some, But at what cost?? I have 6600 lb DD SUV. Pro's and con's to both I chose 2300.

The 2300's are still some what new to the scene, and excellent results have been acheived. Trucks , and cars alike tire schredding heart ripping power!!!!

Any body want a ride?
ur build is a perfect example of what the 2300 can do i hope we get the same results from the build we did on our customers regular 1500 chevy