FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

D1sc kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D1sc kit

well im ordering a D1sc kit with a three core ic and 60# injectors for my 04 sss on friday. my question is how are the installs? anything special i need to know. Oh yeah, I am also getting a pin kit too.
Jason over at RPM has great prices. Cant beat them! Ive shoped around.
Thanks,

Shane
Old 04-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Staging Lane

If I did it over I would go to electric fans from the start, you may have them already.
The 8-10 hours Procharger states = 20-25 hours then you start the tune.
There is alot of misinformed posters on here that will say prochargers don't make boost down low. Prochagers make boost as soon as the vac drops and that BOV pops. Prochargers continue to build boost as rpm goes up unlike PD blowers.
The thing that made the big change is a 3200 rpm stall converter. The converter will give you 50 hp gain by keeping the motor in the sweet spot, then lock-up when cruising.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:39 PM
02 w/ lowest mileage 2800

When I installed my original kit it took about 8hrs with two people. The only parts left from the oringinal kit right now are a few bolts and spacers, everything else has been modified or upgraded. The install wasn't really that bad, but you should really get a professional tune before laying into it. My original 5.3L lasted two weeks before I blew a hole throught the number 7 piston. One thing I would do is delete the FMU and inline fuel pump from the kit and build a custom fuel system with lot's of room for expansion. I also agree with "wentbig" the converter helps tremendously!
Old 04-05-2010, 08:28 PM
TECH Resident

I doubt he's using a fmu with 60lb injectors... TSP has the walbro 255 and everything needed to install in-tank for like $170 iirc. You may need the bosch though depending on how much power you plan on making. Just curious, why not do a FMIC instead of the procharger intercooler? It would be quite a bit cheaper and is definitely more effecient than the horizontally mounted intercooler that comes in their kits.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

What is a FMIC ??
Old 04-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Staging Lane

I cracked the code. Front.Mount.Inter.Cooler Does it make any diff. my horizintal cooler has a airdam to flow air threw it.
Is the FMIC a BFD?
Old 04-05-2010, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

Front Mount Inter Cooler,thats what I changed mine to also,and I got rid of the clutch fan too,it is a p.i.t.a to work around!! Do the converter and supporting tranny mods right off the bat otherwise you will have problems with the tranny. You are going to love your D1!!
Old 04-05-2010, 09:10 PM

i am curious about the front mount. does someone offeer a kit or is it through procharger? I also am planning on having zippy send me tunes through hp tuners that i have so hopefully all will go smooth.............Never does.
If i plan on doing a cam down the road, do i need to do the 60# ers. I was thinking circle d 's trailblazer stall. Would this be ok or is it too weak. I dont have any plans for the truck after the stall and cam as i have another project in the works.
The mods as of now are 4.10s cai, everything that can be done to a stock tranny(i know this will be the next purchase haha) Lt headers with cat delete, flowmaster, 160* thermostat and electric fans.....oh yeah hptuners by me and Nelson
Old 04-05-2010, 09:10 PM
TECH Resident

As stated by others, if you don't have electric fans already, then do that before the procharger. It frees up alot of room and doing this will also allow you to ditch the procharger plastic tube going to the throttle body. If you have a 5.3 then the walbro will do, but if you have a 6.0 or plan to, then go with the bosch in-tank. A stall will make it more fun as well. You'll love the D1!
Old 04-06-2010, 05:28 AM
02 w/ lowest mileage 2800

Believe it or not the flat mount intercooler is more efficient with just a 1" lip on it than a FMIC, I'm not sure why but the IAT's were always lower. My guess is that since heat rises it is able to leave the intercooler core easier with less air forced through it, plus being farther away from the radiator probably helps to. I did IAT and intercooler core temp testing with a highly respected east coast tuner that proved this.

Quick Reply: D1sc kit