FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Dang, don't ever get glowshift gauges... Broke, break and poor service..

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 12:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dang, don't ever get glowshift gauges... Broke, break and poor service..

Check out this laundry list..

1st boost gauge (manual style) .. reads 1psi boost off of what it should and with engine off reads -1.

2nd boost gauge (manual style) .. reads vacuum ok and boost seems ok.

3rd boost gauge + 02 reader (electronic style) .. reads -8 vacuum (should be -20) and boost reads 5psi (should be 6-7psi) + instructions on how to hook up the 02 part of the dual gauge are incomplete and written in foreign language.

1st pyrometer worked ok then the probe just quit working..

replacement pyrometer probe has just now quit working again after about 5 months.

Sent the electronic boost guage back to them only to have them call me and tell me it works fine. When I checked the vacuum (over and over) with a service gauge and another manual boost/vacuum gauge, the two read a solid 20" vacuum at idle, but the electronic gauge read -8. I suspect they probably pulled a shifty and swaped the sender and told me it works fine. I told them I wanted my money back, but they refused and are sending me back the crappy el-cheapo gauge. They told me the cardboard that it came with is missing and the guage had a marr on the face (not true). The cardboard part is stupid, I mean a totaly miniscule chunk of cardboard is part of why they are sending it back. Give me a break.
I'm sick of dealing with them, whenever a part goes bad, you are supposed to send the whole lot back to them for testing at your expense. What kind of policy is this? I mean I just finished my turbo install, and am in the process of tuning so who wants to go gaugeless for 2 weeks while they try to make sure they don't have to refund any money?
Bottom line, get some high quality gauges like Autometer or whatever, and go with good support. You get what you pay for!
Old 05-10-2007, 12:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man that sucks. I consedered buying a tranny temp guage from them, but I went with autometer instead.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:05 PM
PSM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe they are used to dealing with the ricer crowd, they just want gauges for show. Doesn't mater if they work, as long as they move...