FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

dedicated blower belt

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dedicated blower belt

has anyone messed with running a dedicated blower belt. this can be for any type of blower. id like to see how you went about it on the crank pulley. ive got some ideas but im not sure if it will cause any problems sticking that much further out from the end of the crank.

i found these crank pulley "rings" that the lightning guys use and it allows them to swap pulleys. i think with a piece welded inside the stock balancer, turned, milled ect for one of these pieces to bolt on in front of the pulley it would work but maybe damage the crank? opinions please

also how about an idler right next to the supercharger pulley to get more belt wrap. take the 6-71 in my sig for an example, although that is the tensioner it provides more wrap on the belt.

my goal would be to not have any belt problems when my tvs 1900 goes on. id like to turn the boost up on it a little bit and dont wanna slip, shred, throw belts all the time

Last edited by schino; 06-01-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:41 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ASP makes add-on pulleys that attach to the stock one. I also recall someone had ribs added to the stock pulley. For more $ you could go to a modular ATI damper/pulley setup like I am using.

How are you going to move the blower pulley forward?
Old 06-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

I think the car in your sig has it figured out. Dedicated cog, simple. lol
Old 06-02-2010, 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DrX
ASP makes add-on pulleys that attach to the stock one. I also recall someone had ribs added to the stock pulley. For more $ you could go to a modular ATI damper/pulley setup like I am using.

How are you going to move the blower pulley forward?
i didnt see the add on pulleys you mentioned on their site. adding ribs could be an option but seems like it would be a little more difficult to do. how many rib is your setup? i seen you got the 2 blowers which is sick btw but i also seen you are having some problems with belt stretching. now granted thats a lot of hp to drive both those blowers so its asking for a lot. on the roush superchargers the pulley is facing backwards some so my plan was to make one the opposite direction and bring it forward instead.

Originally Posted by anasasisxenophontis
I think the car in your sig has it figured out. Dedicated cog, simple. lol
oh that would be so nice! trust me i thought about putting a 6-71 on this thing! ive got 6 of them hanging out in the shop and a 4-71 also. they need a good home! haha. i would get bashed to no end for putting a 40 year old supercharger on a brand new truck.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

But a 6-71 is huge so I don't think many people would mind. haha
Old 06-02-2010, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol naa.. add in a custom air water ic and a bypass system. some type of hat with throttle bodies and there would surely need to be a hole in the hood. prob cowl too
Old 06-02-2010, 10:03 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by schino
i didnt see the add on pulleys you mentioned on their site. adding ribs could be an option but seems like it would be a little more difficult to do. how many rib is your setup? i seen you got the 2 blowers which is sick btw but i also seen you are having some problems with belt stretching. now granted thats a lot of hp to drive both those blowers so its asking for a lot. on the roush superchargers the pulley is facing backwards some so my plan was to make one the opposite direction and bring it forward instead.
You have to call ASP. I believe they told me that it is designed to engage the webbing of the stock pulley - which you may have to supply them with. I just have an 8 rib setup now. I think the belt stretch you see in my sig vid is more RPM than HP related as the blowers were basically free wheeling (bypass valves open).
Old 06-02-2010, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Heres a couple pics of the one i fabbed.Its a 350 vortec bolt on pulley to a spare cat hub.The hub has a flat back that sits on a 1/8" flat washer that is seated in the stock pulley.They are all pinned together.
Attached Thumbnails dedicated blower belt-dsc01247.jpg   dedicated blower belt-1.jpg  
Old 06-02-2010, 11:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SincalT/A
Heres a couple pics of the one i fabbed.Its a 350 vortec bolt on pulley to a spare cat hub.The hub has a flat back that sits on a 1/8" flat washer that is seated in the stock pulley.They are all pinned together.
that's a genius idea. i might use that for my blower setup
Old 06-02-2010, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

The dedicated blower belt really helps you get more out of a 6 rib belt.

Quick Reply: dedicated blower belt