FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Dmax intercooler.....the jury is still out

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 08:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vernon,
i posted the parts over at the diesel place but so far there have only been a few inquiries via PM nothing real serious. Here is the post.....

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97545

For you i will make better deals if you're interested in the stuff. I would imagine you would be interested in the following:

-Radiator
-upper and lower radiator shroud
-oil cooler, oil cooler lines, custom oil cooler brackets
-custom lower radiator hose with brass tee's included (for the fill tank and heater hose)
-custom upper radiator hose
-3" piping with t-bolt clamps
-custom intake adapter (points towards the passenger side)
-custom whipple discharge adapter (points towards the drivers side)

I think thats everything. I wont charge you for the blood sweat and tears on all that stuff either....lol. If you want it, it sure will save you a lot of time, you gotta promise if you get it to work you wont tell me.... . Take it over to PM if your interested in the stuff Vernon and we can work something out.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:38 AM
Tribe Shaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Linda I am sorry I put you through the trouble of doing the test on your system.
from the way you talked about it being less power, higher times, and lower boost numbers I thought you were bleeding off some where in your system.

I know when I sealed mine up it was like everyone else stated, a difference between night and day, more torque and more power from the cooler air.

i am glad everything was sealed but i am also wondering what took away 2 psi and lowered your horse power and torque.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:17 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by PappyDan
Linda I am sorry I put you through the trouble of doing the test on your system.
from the way you talked about it being less power, higher times, and lower boost numbers I thought you were bleeding off some where in your system.

Its no big deal, i learned some stuff and now its time to move on to something else. All in a days work...

Originally Posted by PappyDan
i am glad everything was sealed but i am also wondering what took away 2 psi and lowered your horse power and torque.
I am guessing a combination of lower temps and a large intercooler dropped my boost numbers. They dropped almost 2psi, i think thats on par for that much intercooler and piping.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:02 PM
TECH Addict

PM sent Vernon.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Maybe you SHOULD be a plug and play kind of guy...

Last edited by kbracing96; 08-22-2006 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by kbracing96
Maybe you SHOULD be a plug and pluy kind of guy...
LMAO
Ahhh, i see how its gonna be. Now i get to be the whipping boy huh? I know you have secretly been wanting it to come down to this so you could use that line havent you? I have to fly out to Souix Falls next month, if i see you driving around down there, im dropping something on you...
Old 08-22-2006, 03:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

LOL, I'll be keeping an eye on the sky...
Old 08-26-2006, 10:06 PM
TECH Addict

Well i am none intercooled again.... . And if i didnt have bad luck, i would have none at all...LOL. I snapped the stud off in the manifold that holds the intake adapter (or throttle body on non F/I vehicles). That was a joy drilling that out and re-tapping it. Had to go 1/4-28 cause the easy-out wouldnt pull the 6mm stud out. After 3 hours of that fun, i got everything together and i am just waiting on the top and bottom radiator hoses to come in and i will be done. Then the search begines for the Whipple I/C. I really hope i can find a used one for a reasonable price. Been looking forever and i have never found one without the blower with it. If anyone can find a used and complete 8.1L whipple intercooler for less than $900, i will give you $100 finders fee... . well, at least cooler weather is on the way, so the need for an intercooler wont be as great until next year. Maybe i will get EfiLive first and try my hand at some tuning before i get the I/C.....dunno, guess i will wait to see what comes along. The great saga has ended.......