FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Does Anyone Have a VE table for a 6.0 with a Supercharger Please send

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 06:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dc_justin
Who told you this?

Tuning trims via the IFR seems to have been the old way of doing things, before newer and better tuning methods have been discovered/created. It's more of a bandaid fix than a proper solution to the problem...

Why not leave the IFR accurate and tune the real areas that are incorrect, the VE and MAF Frequency Calibration tables. You'll end up with an all around better tune.
either way. good luck.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EFIlive has an AutoVE feature that hooks up with a wideband. You drive around and the table automatically fills in. I will be trying that as soon as I get the wideband next week. Has anyone tried this?

Old 11-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Hello Dave

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamesbond2509
EFIlive has an AutoVE feature that hooks up with a wideband. You drive around and the table automatically fills in. I will be trying that as soon as I get the wideband next week. Has anyone tried this?

Not yet. I have my LC1 sitting in the box here waiting to be installed next weekend.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Yep! works great! Just got my 2 bar map, so I a few days Im going to try tunning my boost VE table with it too.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:21 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Isn't the VE table what the computer would fall back on if there was ever a MAF failure? It would make sense to me to get it as accurate as possible for whatever setup you're running even if you intend on still running the MAF once the VE is tuned. IFR is a quick and easy way to make changes with fueling but, not completely the right way IMO. I wouldn't mess with the MAF calibration tables. The transfer function of the MAF is what it is "x air in, y frequency out". Unless physical changes are made to the MAF the values should not be changed. While the IFR and MAF tables can be used to make changes in fueling they are not the correct way IMHO. I'd use the IFR before messing with the MAF calibration though.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:34 PM
Moderately Differentiated

correct me if i am wrong here...but we are modding our vehicles beyond a paint job..usually in case past the point of oem specs. ie;map sensor is pretty much completely useless once you go FI with so much boost, maf is isn't helping out once you go past a certain freq....ect ect ect...I am just saying wouldn't it make sense if you have the time and the menas(soory about that sp...it's hump day...been drinking) to correct or "adjust" each table that you are blowing away? ve? maf? I have a return fuel system, so it seems to me messing with ifr is a bad idea. maybe I am wrong.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:41 AM
Hello Dave

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
correct me if i am wrong here...but we are modding our vehicles beyond a paint job..usually in case past the point of oem specs. ie;map sensor is pretty much completely useless once you go FI with so much boost, maf is isn't helping out once you go past a certain freq....ect ect ect...I am just saying wouldn't it make sense if you have the time and the menas(soory about that sp...it's hump day...been drinking) to correct or "adjust" each table that you are blowing away? ve? maf? I have a return fuel system, so it seems to me messing with ifr is a bad idea. maybe I am wrong.
Once you max out the MAF on a boosted 1 bar map setup, you're basically running blind, fueling based on the 105kPa VE value * PE multiplier. This is the reason I have switched to a 2 bar map sensor so that I have control of how the truck is fueled once MAF is out of play.

IFR should accurately reflect the flow rates of your injectors at the given vaccum. That is how the PCM determines how to control the injectors for a specific airmass. By adjusting the IFR, the PCM may think it is fueling for 50 g/sec, when in fact because of your adjustment, you're fueling for an inaccurately metered 57 g/sec.
Additionally, adjusting the IFR only gives you 2D of control, whereas VE table is 3 dimensional.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:43 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Started tuning mine last night now that EFILive is working properly(my custom OS was missing the B3647 table). I'm starting with the main VE table but have got into boost a little. Seems that you wil have to get the values in the boost VE table pretty close before you can start hitting more cells in there. The process has to be repeated quite a few times before you get things nailed down.

Working with the tables is pretty cool. You can flip back and forth between
the table and the 3D chart to get a better idea of what your changes are doing. Aso you can view your VE as %, g/sec/, g/cyl or g*K/kPa. The 3D charts have very different appearances. You can select cells on the 3D then toggle to the chart to check/modify the values of those cells. Very easy to work with once you get the hang of it.

Hopefully I can finish the VE tuning this weekend.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:21 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

BTW. When you are setting up the BEN map for Auto VE don't forget to add the extra kPa labels up to, say 200, if you want to tune for boost also. Following the tutorial only gets you up to 105 kPa.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrX
BTW. When you are setting up the BEN map for Auto VE don't forget to add the extra kPa labels up to, say 200, if you want to tune for boost also. Following the tutorial only gets you up to 105 kPa.

Are you using the Saturn Ion 2 Bar sensor from the dealer? Which table is this adjustment required. Please Advise.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Does Anyone Have a VE table for a 6.0 with a Supercharger Please send