FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Duramax intercooler install has begun

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 10:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Manic Mechanic
Linda you're my hero. LOL Seriously though your making enough brackets, fittings, and blueprints for the rest of us right?

Vernon

You bet, there wont be one thing about this MOD i wont know...LOL. Anyone know how efficient these I/C's are?
Old 06-09-2006, 12:45 PM
TECH Addict

okay, got the bracket made at work today. Looks like it will work well. Here are a few photo's showing how i bolted the PCM and TCM together. Also a few shots of the bracket and how the bracket will cradle the computers. The bracket will be bolted to the battery tray and the flange on the stock PCM housing will be bolted to the flange on the bracket. This should keep in place real well. I also have a piece of 1/8" rubber membrane that will line the inside of the bracket to cushion them.

Last edited by Linda; 06-09-2006 at 04:10 PM.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:50 PM
TECH Addict

Its made out of 1/8" aluminum and here are some very crude drawings in paint if anyone else is going to do this. You may have to tweek the measurements a little but it should be close. After i got it cut like this, i trimmed it up aroun the edges to fit in place snug. Thats why the pics dont look "exactly" like the drawings....but thats how it started out before i trimmed.

Last edited by Linda; 06-09-2006 at 04:07 PM.
Old 06-10-2006, 05:40 PM
TECH Addict

Not getting as much time this weekend to work on my truck as i would like but i have a quick question. I am planning the route of my charged air pipe and its pretty close quarters in there as far as where i can go. I understand that as few 90* bends as possible, but i am going to have about 4 in order to get where i need to go. Is there any rules as to where and how to run the pipe, or is it just a matter of shortest route/least bends?
Old 06-10-2006, 06:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 199 Likes on 156 Posts

I know the Chicago code for running electrical conduit is there can only be a total of 360 degrees of bends between junction boxes.
I'm jealouse of your computer mount, by the way. Nice work.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:27 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikegyver
I know the Chicago code for running electrical conduit is there can only be a total of 360 degrees of bends between junction boxes.
I'm jealouse of your computer mount, by the way. Nice work.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:55 PM
TECH Addict

well, im going to have more than 360* of bends in this loop before im done, for sure. I got some done today......got the battery and cables completed today. Got the PCM/TCM mounted and hooked up. Got the Aux trany lines hooked up and got about 50% of my charged air pipe ran. Still waiting on a few more silicone fittings. Wonder if i can just use rubber fittings instead of silicone?

Anyway, here are a few shots of the tight bends in the intercooler pipe around the condensor lines and lower radiator hose.....

You can see in the right hand side of those pics where i had to cut into the airbox pedistool to make room for the A/C condensor line. v I have since cleaned those cuts up, so dont yell at me.

Here are a couple of shots of where the I/C outlet pipe will peek up from down below.....

Here are a couple shots where you can see the new intake and blower flanges, i couldnt believe how out of line the whipple flanges were when i looked inside of them. When they made those castings, they must have just hoped they were in line with the intake hole and blower hole....they were a 1/4" off in some places. Here are the new ones anyway, along with the Dmax fan shroud temporarily in place....

Here are a few shots of the battery tray and cables in the AUX position on the passenger side....

I will be installing the oil cooler and rest of the charged air pipe this week into next weekend.....im shooting for next Sunday to be the completion date.

Oh, and here is my game room above the garage where i managed to lose $40 last night in the poker tournament.....i was getting horrible cards.... ...

Old 06-11-2006, 08:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

be careful with those elbows, especially the cheap ones with no plys. mine collapsed due to the engine vacuum.

Old 06-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Good deal man, you are almost done now.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 199 Likes on 156 Posts

What's that big-assed pressure switch for under the coolant reservoir?

Quick Reply: Duramax intercooler install has begun