FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Dyno vid, 08' SD AWD, P1sc

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 09:45 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Revolutionary
Just wondering why so weak on the timing? She looks like when it drops into PE it's puffing some black smoke I am just guessing by the video she's on the chubby side? I would guess with a nice work over on your timing table and leaning her up a bit you have another 40 hp in it.

Hat's off to you glad to see some prochargers getting out there showing what they can do on the new body style trucks!
We didn't have the load setup on the dyno, ( we're still learning the dyno ) so on the rollers we were not getting the same load as on the street, once on the street we got some knock and had to pull timing. I have the stock procharger intercooler installed and thats mounted horizontal. I've purchased a new front mount, new piping and a tial BOV. So once I finish redoing the piping, get it powercoated and one the truck we will retune and hopefully get the timing back up. The procharger intercooler was getting warm on the dyno also. Cranking the IAT's up. I wasn't there for the tuning I was out of town so I'm not sure where the fueling was at. I do know the injectors were at 75-80% DC already on 9lbs

Jeff

Old 03-21-2011, 12:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is the baby procharger intercooler. I think they call it the two core. I personally don't like them either they don't offer enough surface area. Also good move on the blow off. I have picked up as much as 2 psi on the same pulley swapping out the bov. I am defintely looking forward to the results
Old 03-21-2011, 12:44 PM
Launching!

The new front mount is from frozen boost, its the 4inch thick one. The largest one they make. I'll update this thread once we're back on the dyno..

Jeff
Old 04-04-2011, 03:56 PM
TECH Resident

which front mount are u getting? im also planning on the same exact setup but with a 3-core intercooler , maybe low compression pistons and forged rods for a higher psi

i really wanna hear that thing when u let of the gas i bet it sounds sweet!
Old 04-05-2011, 01:40 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Thats some good numbers.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by supercharged680
which front mount are u getting? im also planning on the same exact setup but with a 3-core intercooler , maybe low compression pistons and forged rods for a higher psi

i really wanna hear that thing when u let of the gas i bet it sounds sweet!

The front mount is from Frozen Boost. Core is 24" x 12" x 4", 3" inlet and outlet. Fits perfectly. The final welding should be done tonight on the new hard pipes and then off to powder coating. I'll then re dyno the truck see if its better. Run it for a while then I'm going to take it off and add headers and a VVT cam. Being we have a dyno we can spend quality time on the dyno fine tuning the VVT on the truck. and the 6L80E. Should be a fun summer. I'm hoping to get around 425 with cam and headers.

I'll get some video of the truck once it's all finished.

Thanks

Jeff Smith
Old 04-12-2011, 11:49 AM
Launching!

New intercooler is doing exactly what its supposed to, I'm roughly 20* over ambient, instead of 60-70* over. We need to retune the truck being I installed a 2010 denali MAF as its the card style. Removed two extra couplers that I didn't need to have blow off. 10.0 A/F currently and maxed out 60lb injectors, Boy I'm not looking forward to dropping more on bigger injectors!!! currently its commanding 5* of timing. Almost to 500AWHP

Old 04-17-2011, 08:46 PM
Launching!

Well final numbers are in, I need a fuel pump, Thinking Flex fuel 2010 pump. As soon as we walk into the throttle for a pull pressure goes straight to 60psi and then by the end of the run we are at 35psi. Truck leans out and we are done... Everything is working great minus the fact that I need to spend more money. I'm hoping to take it to the track in the next two weeks. I'll post the results in this thread. I hit the numbers I want, zero knock 16* of Timing.

Jeff
Old 04-17-2011, 08:50 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What more could you want than a 500WHP street truck ?!!!

Congrats!! Thats gotta be so fun to drive.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:36 PM
TECH Resident

Nice numbers, that should be a fun truck to drive! Any plans for a converter? Did your AFR's go up as your fuel pressure went down?

Last edited by sureshot; 04-17-2011 at 09:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Dyno vid, 08' SD AWD, P1sc