eaton 112 porting

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 09:04 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Old 02-16-2009, 09:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry Blownchevy, they are technically reffered to as "silencer holes" according to ford guys. I mean there are gains, they do have dyno comparisons. We will see how long the blowers will last after these mods. I mean there are alot for sale in classifieds for a few hundred bucks, that are already ported. here are some other links

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2...ting/index.php

check out this link for filling the silencer holes.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ng-fill-eaton-

Last edited by BlownChevy; 02-17-2009 at 09:28 AM. Reason: non sponsor link
Old 02-16-2009, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They have been porting the lightning and cobra blowers for years, and the trucks that I have been around havent seen any blower failures due to porting. And most are seeing 30 to 40hp gains off of the port. The harder you spin an eaton the more heat it puts out, and the porting actually helps with the heat with your spinning them faster that factory specs...

Steig knows how to port a blower, you can port one and loose power but if done right it will show signifigant gains and be well worth the money

The reason for stripping the rotors is because the teflon coating on the rotors WILL peel, flake and clog up the intercooler over time and this solves that issue

heres a picture of mine with the flaking rotors off of my old Lightning
after 50k miles

heres a pic of one flaking with the rotors pulled out(not my blower)

Last edited by tiffo60; 02-16-2009 at 10:04 AM.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:07 AM
On The Tree

thanks tiffo for clearing the porting and rotor issue up. I personally havent read alot into the whole issue. My buddy with the lightning spends countless hours on svtperformance looking into these things. I mean thousands have been done and most seem to be holding up. The silencer hole mod doesnt seem to be the best idea, but some guys just want the sound of a loudass KB or whipple on a budget. I will have results within a few months once we run the truck at the track. The best it went with a 6lb pulley, K&N cai, bassani catback, nitto dr's and a livernois tune was 12.63. With the updated ported blower and gutted cats, well see what kinda times he can pickup.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:19 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, it must be good then. Port away!
Old 02-16-2009, 11:49 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

I found the article interesting...but no way in hell and I screwing with a 5K blower
Old 02-16-2009, 12:26 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by trever1t
i found the article interesting...but no way in hell and i screwing with a 5k blower

word!
Old 02-16-2009, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

there would be no way i would spend 3-5k on a magnacharger and then start porting it. Either up the boost, or more cubes would be the proper way of getting more out of the blower for obvious reasons.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Or you could just increase the IC's efficiency. Chilled water anyone?

I want to know why he cuts that little hole out in front of the larger hole. I mean why not merge the two. If a hole is good, a big hole is better, then why not just hog out the whole bottom the damned thing and let 'er rip? Just leave a couple of ribs for strength and call it good?

Seriously though, his site says he has flow bench data proving this. In order for that data to be worth a ****, the blower needs to be spun at the operating speed. So does he spin the un-ported blower and ported on at the same speed? Or does he run them up until it stop pushing more air?.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:21 AM
On The Tree

yeah i didnt understand either why they only opened up the large port a bit, and then put a smaller similar triangle in the rear of the blower. Opening the whole thing up would make more sense, but there has to be a "science" behind it. As far as the air flow test, i dont know how it really works.

Quick Reply: eaton 112 porting