FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Eaton.. Ported vs. Non ***SPLIT FROM OTHER THREAD***

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Lets take this a step further....how about you come out and I will preform the test again, back to back just as I did today. Hell, I will even pay for your hotel room.
I'll do it even better - I'll get my own dyno printouts to show the opposite of yours and then we'll be even..............

Back to back testing means nothing unless you optimize for each setup. I can tune mine perfectly for the ported blower, put on the stocker and it'll fall on it's face and the opposite holds true - you've proved nothing and will continue to do that until you actually optimize for each blower.

Needless to say, any competent tuner out there would look at your graphs and laugh when you say it was 'tuned' for the ported blower (yeah right - maxed out).

I went from 400/527 optimized for the stock Eaton to 443/545 with a ported Eaton/C&L plenum/BA2400 and tuned properly for that combo - what's your excuse? All you've basically claimed so far is that your back to back tests were run on the same tune..................

Bird
Old 04-01-2006, 10:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bird
Kinda figured you wouldn't be able to come up with the 'official data' - as far as your own tests - nice picture - if the combo wasn't tuned for the added airflow - your tests are worthless. Even Stieg says you need to retune for the added airflow - stripped rotors or not..........

Same as adding a KB - if it's not tuned for it, it's no better than what it replaced. Would you add a better blower to your's with out properly tuning it?

Bird
I had to register to add onto this fight. I hate to do it to you bird but here it is. Here is a link to Stiegs website in tha FAQ section. That's "Frequently Asked Questions", in case you are as thick as you sound. It states here that there in fact is no need to re tune with his port. Did he personally tell you that you need to re tune? Something's fishy.....

http://www.stiegemeier.com/faq.html

And if you are going to make a comparison, don't compare a very inefficient stock blower to an aftermarket and clearly more efficient blower. This is not a valid argument. Needless to say I am also quite interested in your stock vs. ported comparison.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:04 PM
Teching In

Not to mention, if his tests show that the truck was tuned specifically for the port, Then why was there more power made on the stock eaton with the same tune?
Old 04-01-2006, 10:17 PM
TECH Addict

The need for a retune is due to the fact that a ported blower is often not the only mod done on these trucks, and you should know that. If the ported S/C is added to a stock or close to stock truck, then yes, I can see there being no need for a retune. However, if ther truck is pullied or running any kind of tune other than stock, the added airflow could easily push a safe tune lean and cause all kinds of problems. And if you look at Stiegs posts, what specifically does he tell you to do? Spin the **** out of his ported blower, because if you spin it the same as you did before, you could actually lose some low end grunt. Look around on NLOC if you don't believe me, see how many people have posted about power loss after the addition of a ported blower alone.

With that said, you guys play nice. Don't turn this into a flame war.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:40 PM
Teching In

Very interesting conclusion Cree. However I don't see that anywhere on stiegs website...... Maybe I need to call him to get one of his thousand different answers to the same question?
Old 04-01-2006, 10:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SocalbolT
Very interesting conclusion Cree. However I don't see that anywhere on stiegs website...... Maybe I need to call him to get one of his thousand different answers to the same question?
I'll see if I can find it. He posted it on one of the L boards.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SocalbolT
Since this is still kind of a newer forum to the L world, they havent been brought up like oil seperators, ported blowers, there are hundreds of posts on NLOC.net, SVTPerformance, TALONClub.com, etc
Old 04-01-2006, 10:47 PM
Teching In

"Do I have to retune my car to accommodate for the porting work only?
No, the porting has no effect on your tune and a retune is not needed."

Pulled directly from his site. Notice "re tune" as in some one already has a tune. His answer speaks for itself....
Old 04-01-2006, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 203Cree
I'll see if I can find it. He posted it on one of the L boards.
I don't care if he posted it on the L boards! He wrote it on his website, in plain english for all to see. If he keeps giving different answers to the same question it just sounds like someone back tracking to save his own hide.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:50 PM
TECH Addict

http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=105476

There ya go.

Quick Reply: Eaton.. Ported vs. Non ***SPLIT FROM OTHER THREAD***