FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Eaton.. Ported vs. Non ***SPLIT FROM OTHER THREAD***

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 12:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I clocked a lemming once, and he bit me in the port...
Old 04-05-2006, 01:03 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
I believe that's the process where you pull the rotors out and use them to clock people who call you a lemming!

Just wanted to add some humor -- nothing to see here!

you hit the nail on the head

To answer your question, you can't "clock" the rotor. The issue as I stated before (not to start the stampede) is due to the timing in which the rotors intake and discharge the air. If this is not proper then you will see fluctuations in boost as rpm goes up, and a rise in discharge temps. EATON air management and their engineers spent allot of time and money on the intake and discharge design.....I am SURE that they have it nailed down to a science at this point.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:04 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jephs422
I clocked a lemming once, and he bit me in the port...

STFU homo and get to work
Old 04-05-2006, 01:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
STFU homo and get to work
What?
Homo lemming? Wha...?
Old 04-05-2006, 01:40 PM
TECH Regular

Don't you have something to install somewhere on something.....
Old 04-05-2006, 07:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
To answer your question, you can't "clock" the rotor. The issue as I stated before (not to start the stampede) is due to the timing in which the rotors intake and discharge the air. If this is not proper then you will see fluctuations in boost as rpm goes up, and a rise in discharge temps. EATON air management and their engineers spent allot of time and money on the intake and discharge design.....I am SURE that they have it nailed down to a science at this point.

How is this affected when porting a blower?

Will removing too much of the casing affect the timing of the blower?

If I am not mistaken, the rotors have an advanced powder Teflon-like coating (APC) that permits tighter clearances for greaterboost pressure, while drawing less engine power. Once the teflon is stripped and too much surface is taken away from the porting, you begin to loose power and experience "slop" in the rotors creating a larger load on the engine and less power.

Close?
Old 04-05-2006, 08:19 PM
Teching In

First post here, Hi guys that know me.

The big port jobs are ****. I have a big ported blower, and the only way I was able to make it work was with more pulley and a shot of juice. To sell a product that fvckin sucks, is ablso-facking-lutely bullshit. Go back to the basics and port them to the specs of the "stage 2" or back when you were porting for apten. Those blowers made power. And torque which is a big deal. I was treated like **** from mrs. steig, and will fvckin never buy anything from them. She denies it, but truth is truth and people know I don't bullshit anyone. Cree knows I am no bullshitting, bench racing, broke backin pile of ****. R&D means research and development. Do a little more R
and alot more D before you release a product. Jackhole.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Grimace03L
First post here, Hi guys that know me.

The big port jobs are ****. I have a big ported blower, and the only way I was able to make it work was with more pulley and a shot of juice. To sell a product that fvckin sucks, is ablso-facking-lutely bullshit. Go back to the basics and port them to the specs of the "stage 2" or back when you were porting for apten. Those blowers made power. And torque which is a big deal. I was treated like **** from mrs. steig, and will fvckin never buy anything from them. She denies it, but truth is truth and people know I don't bullshit anyone. Cree knows I am no bullshitting, bench racing, broke backin pile of ****. R&D means research and development. Do a little more R
and alot more D before you release a product. Jackhole.
Hey! Ya made it over. Right on man. I think there's a lot of pissed people right now. Too bad we can't voice our opinions without censorship on the L boards. That ****'s pissing me off to no end.

Welcome to the site!
Old 04-05-2006, 08:55 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi guys

I know this topic has caused a bit of a stir lately and there are some new members here to discuss it.

I want to first say welcome to the site.

Next, I just want to ask that information posted be kept to personal experience and factual type information. If the thread stays on topic and is kept factual and clear it will be a benefit to everyone.

Also, let's please not bash any other sites. That's not the style around here.

Thanks guys

John
Old 04-05-2006, 09:01 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kbracing96
yum!
LOL...sorry so late...I missed the first post on this thread. SHWEET kb!!! Okay, continue on...

Quick Reply: Eaton.. Ported vs. Non ***SPLIT FROM OTHER THREAD***