Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 09:55 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone??
Old 05-27-2006, 09:21 PM
Launching!

Well I have towed with my STS kit and now my radix. I believe that the EGT's were lower than my STS kit, but they are still high around the 1500 range when under a load. I dont know at what temp you start to melt stuff. I think I might have to try some headers and a larger exhaust to help move more heat out.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:15 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Scott Mills
Well I have towed with my STS kit and now my radix. I believe that the EGT's were lower than my STS kit, but they are still high around the 1500 range when under a load. I dont know at what temp you start to melt stuff. I think I might have to try some headers and a larger exhaust to help move more heat out.
On your other post you said they were 850 - 900? I assume that is when just normal driving and when loaded up good 1500 or so? I have seen 1550 out of mine when towing and it still did not have the power I was told it would have. Just need to verify the guage and then see what others are getting. I really don't want to spend more on exhaust but yet don't want to melt stuff. Do you have the towing kit with 5.5 lbs boost or stock 7 lbs.?
Old 05-28-2006, 08:12 AM
Launching!

Yes loaded up it gets that high. Yesterday was the first time I loaded it up. My STS kit would get that high without a load. I have a 3.1 or 3.2 pulley on a 6.0L and I see between 5 and 7 psi. I also dont feel the power that others have said. I was also thinking about water/meth injection when I tow.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:33 AM
Launching!

Mine can get that high if I stomp on it really hard from stop to maybe 90 MPH with no towing. I have never seen them go over 1550, they just fly up to 1500 and creep to 1550. Only half a tank of fuel through it so far, sure hope it lasts.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:35 AM
Launching!

Does water injection cool down EGT's? Or is it just for more power? How hard are they to install, setup, and use? Can't be real expensive.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:40 PM
Launching!

I dont know yet if water will help, still checking.
Old 05-28-2006, 06:58 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

water and meth might settle your egt a little, but the water is mainly to cool down you IAT's to kepp you from pre-igniting(ping ping). Meth helps cooling some but mainly attacks your octane rating.

I would certainly say at WOT 1500 is fairly normal. I am not sure about WOT for a mile though. Are you towing with your foot all the way down all the time?

As far as no power unlike what you were suspecting...do you mean under a tow? Your Radix pulley is stock right? SO a 3.4 right? On a 6.0L you should probably only see somewhere between 5 to 6psi. I'd guess. Brain, BlowChevy and alot others on here should eventually chime in on what specs yuo should see. It's the memorial weekend, everybody is out playing. You should feel another a good bit of power adder though. Only way to make sure you are good if you don't have someone to help you locally is a dynotune.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
water and meth might settle your egt a little, but the water is mainly to cool down you IAT's to kepp you from pre-igniting(ping ping). Meth helps cooling some but mainly attacks your octane rating.

I would certainly say at WOT 1500 is fairly normal. I am not sure about WOT for a mile though. Are you towing with your foot all the way down all the time?

As far as no power unlike what you were suspecting...do you mean under a tow? Your Radix pulley is stock right? SO a 3.4 right? On a 6.0L you should probably only see somewhere between 5 to 6psi. I'd guess. Brain, BlowChevy and alot others on here should eventually chime in on what specs yuo should see. It's the memorial weekend, everybody is out playing. You should feel another a good bit of power adder though. Only way to make sure you are good if you don't have someone to help you locally is a dynotune.
No I am not towing with my foot all the way down, it builds 5 psi at 1/2 throttle or better and temps get high at that point on. I was told I have a 3.2 pulley I think. It is not marked but is suppossed to be one size larger than stock to lower boost for the towing application. The most I see is 5.5 psi. There is alot of hills though that are 2-3 miles long and them are the ones that are worrying me, even though magnuson said before I bought it that I have no worries. I don't think my IAT is high, the coolant hoses are still cool and it has not been hot out yet. I did have pinging, but added some octane boost and that seems to be beter, but have not towed since I added it.

I assume Monday is the holiday down there?
Old 05-28-2006, 10:50 PM
Launching!

What kind of milage are you getting while towing?

Quick Reply: EGT temps