FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

explain meth to me.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 07:44 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by 4.8T
alright smart ***. i guess i could have worded it a bit differently. lol if i needed that kind i'd go back home to arkansas where its everywhere.

i just want this thing as daily driver friendly as possible. the FMIC has a nice hole in front of it. the air is blocked from going above it just because of where its at. its its blocked on the bttom because it against the valance. but air can free flow around the sides of the IC. so i plan on blocking that off some how to see if it will force more air through it. maybe some of those small tranny cooler fans.?.
The fans will help get the cores temps back down after your run when you are sitting still in the staging lanes, but on driving around you said its fine. I think the fans would also help some there too. Heat soak is a bad thing, this also sort of proves in drag race mode air/water setups are better, strictly becuase we can remove the hot water and at fresh cold stuff.

And the et you ran after cool down was nice.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:54 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by 99ta
When you add methanol are you suppose to remove fuel from your tune? I was thinking about just using water so it wasn't adding "fuel" because i won't be doing my own tuning and I didn't want to rely on the meth all the time. Sorry if I jacked the thread.
blend will not effect the over all tune that much to force a returne, you should be fine. Unless you are using a very huge nozzle..
Old 03-27-2008, 08:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

could meth be used in an N/A application, has anybody done it?
Old 03-27-2008, 08:14 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by ramsey rider
do you have the smaller of the 2 nozzles in ures? and did u change the rollpin in ure kit? too boost the pressure.when i called snow they told me 2 change it ,i guess that has been an issue.
I am not running Meth, just intercooled....
Old 03-27-2008, 08:18 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
blend will not effect the over all tune that much to force a returne, you should be fine. Unless you are using a very huge nozzle..
Not sure I follow you there, if you are tuning it for meth then when not running meth its going to be lean. If you use just a very little amount of meth then I could see it being ok but if its enough to make it worth while its going to be LEAN if meth is not being sprayed... Am I missing something? Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:54 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i prefer 100% meth. when ran 100% it is just another fuel source so you cant run too much other than it will get a little rich as you turn up the meth.

also when you run washer fluid you are never 100% sure on the mix. if i was to run a mix i would just mix my own so i get a consistant ratio.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

parish this is what im trying 2 findout here myself .what is pure meth,and were do ya get it .im looking too try it but idk what product 2 look for .maybe a link or something.have u heard of the air line antifreze i was talking about earlier?it says meth on it for ingredients only.i can get this ,im not sure what you use for pure meth.theyres no adjustment in tune ness. correct?so if i run out in a pinch i can use the 50/50 stuff.just running cooler meth alone should at least help iats correct?wich inturn will automatically run better bcause of temps beeing lower than 50/50 temps without changing tune.thanks
Old 03-27-2008, 09:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 197 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
Mike, all I have to say is--------------------------
I didn't even post! How do you know what I was thinking?
Old 03-27-2008, 09:08 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by parish8
i prefer 100% meth. when ran 100% it is just another fuel source so you cant run too much other than it will get a little rich as you turn up the meth.

also when you run washer fluid you are never 100% sure on the mix. if i was to run a mix i would just mix my own so i get a consistant ratio.
that's my take on it too. I have ran plenty of bottles of washer fluid thru mine to and there is always an inconsistency in the afr @ WOT. Nothing huge, but noticeable enough on the gauge. I bought the 55 gallon drum and haven't looked back since.

In all honesty, it's all about the levels of boost IMO. 9 is that magic number. At 9 lbs I'd stick my neck out and say that's when everything changes. Motor becomes a liability, meth should just be 100%, blah blah blah.

4.8T, I think you IAT advance table is a tad aggressive.

***EDIT*** I see you say you have kr too. You have FI? 120* is kr time? Your IAT is in the MAF? Post a scan! Post a tune! You have a wideband? WHat's your AFR?
Old 03-27-2008, 09:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 197 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by ramsey rider
parish this is what im trying 2 findout here myself .what is pure meth,and were do ya get it .im looking too try it but idk what product 2 look for ...
They sell it by the gallon at the dragstrip under the name "methanol". Or at the gas station, Heet is pure methanol.
Originally Posted by dewmanshu
4.8T, I think you IAT advance table is a tad aggressive.
Yeah, me too. Mine takes out 2 degrees at 122.
Also, why are you commanding only 14?
Oh, I didn't see the 16 in 14-16 degrees.

Last edited by MikeGyver; 03-27-2008 at 09:35 PM.

Quick Reply: explain meth to me.