FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

explain meth to me.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Meth won't do you much good on an N/A set up as the point of it is to keep intake temps down as you are in boost. It also assists your injectors by providing and alternate "fuel" source. The more concentrated your mixture, the richer you will run. You can use WW fluid but as Parish said it can be a little inconsistent. I have been running WW fluid in mine with no issues at this point. If you are tuned for meth and run out don't get into boost or . Kits run anywhere from around $180 to $500+. It's probably good to get a variable controller that adds more meth as boost increases instead of an on off switch. Not sure if there is something that allows it to come on when IAT's get to a certain point. If it comes on when there is not enough air flow, it will cause combustion quench or bogging down. Bottom line, get it, tune for it and watch your wideband!!! Sorry so long, just trying to cover everything!!!
Old 03-28-2008, 05:27 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
Not sure I follow you there, if you are tuning it for meth then when not running meth its going to be lean. If you use just a very little amount of meth then I could see it being ok but if its enough to make it worth while its going to be LEAN if meth is not being sprayed... Am I missing something? Please correct me if I am wrong.
(yea I do that from time to time.)
What I was trying to say, is if you are dialed in on your turn (no water/meth) and then you add it the air fuel will not change any huge amount. So you would not go from running a 11.8 to a 10.0 on your air fuel.
Now if you tune for the water/meth injection and its not there then yes you will be a little lean with pretty much the same type of swing.
Straight meth is a little different, depending on just how much you have to add. If your regular fuel system has small injectors on there and you are running straight meth and a BUNCH of it to off set those injectors then again hole another ball game. if its missing that would be bad for sure.
Small swings in air fuel usually do not cost you tons of power.
IF one has access to it, going to E85 is a great thing for boosted guys.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

but you cant run straight e85 tho ,correect ?if you dont have a e85 motor what is the ratio of e85 youre able to use .i do have close access to it.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:14 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by ramsey rider
but you cant run straight e85 tho ,correect ?if you dont have a e85 motor what is the ratio of e85 youre able to use .i do have close access to it.
Not really sure, I have to wonder which parts got swapped for the e85 stuff over the older trucks.
We have a customer that has been running 25% when he knows hes going to be playing hard.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:20 AM
Registered abuser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why not just use some FAI spec (0% nitro) model airplane fuel? sure theres a little bit of bean oil in there, but thats probably a GOOD thing. Its also a much higher quality all the way around and exactly consistent.

and if you're feeling ballsy, pick up some 10% nitro
Old 03-28-2008, 08:21 AM
TECH Addict

find any dirtbike shop or motorcycle shop that sells race fuel. The stuff I used to buy is called M1
Old 03-28-2008, 08:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1BadAction
why not just use some FAI spec (0% nitro) model airplane fuel? sure theres a little bit of bean oil in there, but thats probably a GOOD thing. Its also a much higher quality all the way around and exactly consistent.

and if you're feeling ballsy, pick up some 10% nitro
I was actually wondering about that! I had some 20% nitro and thot about dropping it in and mixing it 50/50 with my M1...Its more expensive than M1 tho, mostly cause it only comes in 1gal bottles. R/
Old 03-28-2008, 08:43 AM
Registered abuser

Originally Posted by dhpro
I was actually wondering about that! I had some 20% nitro and thot about dropping it in and mixing it 50/50 with my M1...Its more expensive than M1 tho, mostly cause it only comes in 1gal bottles. R/
sounds like you are volunteering to be guinea pig.

FAI can be had for 57 bucks for a 4 gallon case - thats 85% methanol and 15% oil.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=ramsey rider;3884104]parish this is what im trying 2 findout here myself .what is pure meth,and were do ya get it .im looking too try it but idk what product 2 look for .

VP Race Fuels M1: http://www.vpracingfuels.com/index2.html
Old 03-28-2008, 08:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1BadAction
sounds like you are volunteering to be guinea pig.

FAI can be had for 57 bucks for a 4 gallon case - thats 85% methanol and 15% oil.
I get the VP M1 for $50 x 5gal drum...worst case its $65 everywhere. I won't be volunteering for anything til I can get more than 2000 miles on my shitbox before something always breaks. R/

Quick Reply: explain meth to me.