FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

FI'd LS9 for ZR1

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 04:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Possibly Direct Injection???

Take a look at the lower portion of the intake manifold where the intake ports are supposed to be.

It looks like those holes are for manifold to cylinder head connection bolts, not fuel injectors, as a few of the sensors (MAP) and the intermediate intake manifold flange (look at about where cylinder 6 should be) would be in the way of injectors and fuel rails. I see no other holes for Injectors on the manifold, as well as bolt holes for intake manifold to cylinder head fastening. I might be totally off base here, but I thought I would post this idea.

Also, the ?pump pulley? on the same belt as the supercharger, crank, and water pump pulleys, to the right of the throttle body; could this possibly be a high pressure D.I. fuel pump? I know the other option is power steering, but would this possibly have electric power steering?

Again, I am just throwing Ideas out there from studying the photos. It would be great to see the lower intake manifold by itself! That would put suspicions to rest.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ForcedTQ
Take a look at the lower portion of the intake manifold where the intake ports are supposed to be.

It looks like those holes are for manifold to cylinder head connection bolts, not fuel injectors, as a few of the sensors (MAP) and the intermediate intake manifold flange (look at about where cylinder 6 should be) would be in the way of injectors and fuel rails. I see no other holes for Injectors on the manifold, as well as bolt holes for intake manifold to cylinder head fastening.
You noticed that too?
Old 11-29-2007, 04:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It sure looks like it's going to be a nice piece. I don't think the pulley is going to be too bad, someone will make smaller one's and it has to be able to come off there or they wouldn't be rebuildable. GM doesn't make a 100+k vehicle to just to have someone modify it and then try to get it warrentied. They have to make it a bit difficult to swap parts like that at least. It does look like one map sensor and one atmoshperic pressure sensor, I agree. I'm guessing that the injectors all run inside of the intake manifold. The pcm should have the ability to control boost, I agree with that. Nothing that tuning software can't change. That belt system is bad ***, shouldn't have slippage problems. It also looks like the intercooler design is going to be much more efficient than what was used on the Ford GT. The question for us guys would be how hard would that be to put on a truck engine (like the L76) and would it be worth it for the price.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks neat to me!