FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

finally boosted but....

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea its got a new 2bar in it. Today i cleaned the MAF sensor and then i replaced the pcv hoses. I also sprayed carb cleaner around all the hoses, gaskets, and fittings i could think of and nuthing? Were going to try my buddies MAF sensor in a day or 2. I will say the trucl idled alittle better but ran the same. Hopefully the retune will be done b4 to long. I understand that it will take awhile to get er done but i wanna make sure i can get the mechanical stuff done. Thanls for the help guys
Old 10-13-2013, 03:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So I know I am just throwing something into the wind here as a wild guess, but could this all be an issue with the stock valley cover?
Old 10-22-2013, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

So just thought I would throw out a quick update on this truck. I scanned it after a retune from Nelson. Was running about the same. Now we took it to Oreily's and got a different MAP sensor which seemed to work better at first and seemed to be reading better, but then I was noticing more KR :/ so we thought maybe the new tune is too rich as Allen added fuel on the retune. So we stuck the old tune back in. Once again it won't Idle long enough to run it. Now I am not sure what the issue is. Anyway's I thought I would post up a couple logs and see if anyone notices anything I haven't.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

This is with the retune and ebay "ACdelco" 2bar map.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
Darnie's Second Scan.hpl (140.2 KB, 60 views)
Old 10-22-2013, 12:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

This is the with the retune and oreily's 2bar map.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
Darnies tune with new map.hpl (238.1 KB, 69 views)
Old 10-22-2013, 12:50 AM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Tune still looks pretty fucked up. If you keep playing guess and check with this thing, you're going to blow it up.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

I really don't think it's the tune. I think something is wrong like a vacuum leak or exhaust leak. No way can a good tuner screw it up this bad. Off a little bit sure. Off like this no way.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

im going to check the plug gap on wends day. so far this is what ive done.... tryed 2 different 2bar map sensors, cleaned the MAF sensor, made sure all the hoses on the intake are secured and clamped. it seems to idle better when its cold, once it gets to operating temp it runs like crap. makes me think gasket so im going to triple check that. the header and intake gaskets are about a year old. the header gaskets did come off during the swap but the intake didnt... any other ideas please let me know. im going to do everything i can Wednesday to try and fix it... i also extended the wiring for the MAF sensor but it looks good and seems to be logging? the injectors are diffrent and used but i dont think there the problem? other than that not much has changed then last time it was running, and it was running strong
Old 10-22-2013, 10:27 AM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by gamble686
I really don't think it's the tune. I think something is wrong like a vacuum leak or exhaust leak. No way can a good tuner screw it up this bad. Off a little bit sure. Off like this no way.
Can't say I haven't seen it before, even from the big name guys. It needs some proper diagnosis. Vacuum leak is easy....spray starting fluid around the intake. Exhaust leak is't going to cause idle issues.

If the truck were here I could have it diagnosed and tuned in a day. I'm just giving fair warning that if it continues to get driven and/or beat on with a poor tune or a mechanical issue, its not unlikely that it will take some damage.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:55 AM
Launching!

i would NOT drive that at all with KR looking like that, that's terrible and will result in damage

Quick Reply: finally boosted but....