FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Finally got the truck Turbo'ed and running again!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PSM
what did u run with the radix and at what psi?
I ran a 14.00, I dont remember the mph or 60 foot. I had the 3" pulley meth and I believe it was around 7 or so psi. It just got too hot, once I passed the 1/8th mile you could feel the truck slow down.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:00 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like i need a bigger turbo. I'm barely touching 13's with ten pounds. i like the way your intercooler piping bends by your throttle body better than mine. you have the electric fan version i guess.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's real nice, hopin to have that same setup soon. too bad you got that real nice shiny 5" tip in direct line with the steady stream of melted rubber that's gonna be coming off that tire...
Old 01-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Launching!

4.8T what turbo are you running? The 60? I talked to rick and he said the 60 and 76 look the exact same, only way to tell them apart is to take off the air filter and measure the compressor. I have the nelson intercooler, I think its a little different than the trick one. Wastedrubber, I dont got a whole lot of wheel spin off the line, I always launch in 4hi. I have broke it loose a few times trying to get on the highway though. Ive cleaned rubber off that tip once already lol.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:49 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 4.8T
sounds like i need a bigger turbo. I'm barely touching 13's with ten pounds. i like the way your intercooler piping bends by your throttle body better than mine. you have the electric fan version i guess.
is your truck a 4.8???? What you need is a cam and retune.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:47 AM
12 Second Truck Club

turbo is equivalent to a t67. motor is a 5.3l. it does need a cam, power falls off pretty fast in upper rpms. i think i found the problem though. my transfer case is AWD AKA full time 4wd but the diff inside the t-case is a open diff. so if a front tire spins, all the power will go there. well to keep this from happening gm decide to take advantage of those huge brakes and hydro boost. when my tire spins hard off the line the brakes clamp down hard and hold half way down the track. this is why in the first 1/8 mile a person can pass me and after that i take off and leave them behind. my 13.87 i launched with basically no boost. when i launch real hard the front right tire actually comes slightly off the ground. this is what the tower people told me at the track. when it comes up it spins real hard and the brakes clamp, after they clamp they do not let go until the next gear at the earliest. this is why i need a SSS t-case and I'm in search for a good deal on one.

i found all this by swapping to a 2wd t-case just for kicks. in 2wd it would spin hard off the line for a few feet then feel like it lost a lot of power then when it hit the next gear it would take off hard. well i stopped and got out to see if the rear brakes were hot and i tell you, i probably could have cooked a hot dog off the back brakes.

sorry for the hijack.

Last edited by 4.8T; 01-11-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:09 AM
12 Second Truck Club

I noticed the same problem before the cam, now when it hits about 4k it starts pulling harder
Old 01-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Former Vendor

Glad to see your truck is running good. How did Nelson like the 60lb injectors I sent you? What are your IDC's at with them?
Old 01-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Launching!

Injectors are great man, alot easier to install and what not. I dunno what my IDC is, I wonder if I can pull that up on my aeroforce scan gauge. I need a cam as well, my top end is lacking. 4.8T have you looked into getting a regular 4wd t case like I got, I shift out of 4wd right after I shift into second gear. I haven't had any issues yet.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:23 PM
12 Second Truck Club

i have a autotrac case in the shed. my Tahoe is useless in 2wd. i tried it out for awhile and i hated it. burn outs are cool here and there but constantly it sucks *****. I'm spoiled to all time traction action . not to mention the wife bitched at me every time she drove it. her foot seems to be made of lead also. i have the full center console so a manual t-case won't work and to do a full out autotrac swap would be a pain. i would need all the wiring and controls. so the SSS case or TBSS case is the best bet for me.

you should keep an eye out for a ls6 cam. That's what I'm hoping for some day. did you use the siemen 60 shorts?

Quick Reply: Finally got the truck Turbo'ed and running again!