FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

First alky injection impressions

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 07:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default First alky injection impressions

Got my braided lines in today and finished up the Alky Control install. No source for methanol yet so I'm running "Heet" gas line anti-freeze. Don't know what percent methanol it is?

It worked perfectly first time. Tested at idle in the driveway. Pushed the test button, AFR went rich on the wideband and engine eventually began to stumble.

Get out on the road and roll into it easy. Get the initial red led at about 4psi. Goes green "pressure threshold" at about 6-7 psi.

I didn't log anything. WOT runs at controller gain on 4. AFR went to 10.0:1. Pull was amazing. Built a solid additional .5 psi boost to 9psi total. No bog, lag nothing. SOTP meter said WOW.

Cranked the controller to wide open. AFR went to 9.5:1 Pull was again amazing. Saw about 9.5 psi of boost at some point. SOTP meter again said WOW. No bog, lag strong steady pull.

Again do I now tune to 11.8:1 with the injection at WOT? Knowing I should never ever run out meth.

I am really liking this mod.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:37 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes. yes. and it's certainly a cool mod I agree. 11.8 all the way (with the dip at your peak torque spot) and your SOTP gauge will be even more impressed. If you can imagine that. WHat is your shift points BTW? In my testing and goofing with this mod, it blew me away at how much extra pull I got with just another 200rpm on my shifts.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
Yes. yes. and it's certainly a cool mod I agree. 11.8 all the way (with the dip at your peak torque spot) and your SOTP gauge will be even more impressed. If you can imagine that. WHat is your shift points BTW? In my testing and goofing with this mod, it blew me away at how much extra pull I got with just another 200rpm on my shifts.
Shift at 6000 1-2-3. Got to get it on a dyno to find the sweet spots for shift. Still can't get over how much stronger it feels.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:48 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeh that's what mine was...I changed to 6200 and it blew me away. Kickin yourself for not doing this one awhile ago eh?
Old 06-05-2006, 07:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

A must have mod for any forced induction. Can't wait to get to the track. Unless my SOTP is off today I'm betting I'll dive considerably deeper into the 12's. Pulling this well pig rich. Should only improve with tuning..
Old 06-05-2006, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you installed the kit without tuning? I thought you had to tune for the meth to gain any power? As long as it worked thats great. You have it set up on a progressive controller?
Old 06-05-2006, 09:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by COLDZ71
So you installed the kit without tuning? I thought you had to tune for the meth to gain any power? As long as it worked thats great. You have it set up on a progressive controller?
I have tuning capabilities. Just ran it first time out with tune as is. Will definately have to pull some fuel and probably add some timing now. IAT dependant. It felt much improved without tuning.

Kit comes with a progressive controller. 2 bar map sensor driven, adjustable to when it comes on and progressive ramp from there controllable incab.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:25 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

glad you like the kit, i think meth is the **** too. 11.8 is a good number for modest boost like 9psi but if you turn it up much above that i would go a tad richer, 11.5 or less. you should gain noticable power leaning that thing out.

are you going to add some boost?
Old 06-05-2006, 09:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by parish8
glad you like the kit, i think meth is the **** too. 11.8 is a good number for modest boost like 9psi but if you turn it up much above that i would go a tad richer, 11.5 or less. you should gain noticable power leaning that thing out.

are you going to add some boost?
Running a 2.9 pulley now. Think the 2.75 is all I can go. Will no doubt wind up trying it but will play where I am for a while.

Think I will hit the track Friday and run it where it is AFR. See If I can document improvements as I lean it out a bit.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where did you get the kit from?

Quick Reply: First alky injection impressions