FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

First alky injection impressions

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 09:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear your kit is working! I have the same kit, got it all installed yeaterday, but it's been raining the last few days, so I can't really try it at real boost. Eventually, I plan to have two tunes. My street tune is suited to generally running easy on the street. I'll leave the gain set real light on the remote. Use the meth as insurance. For a race tune, lots more timing, and less fuel at wot. It will take lots of trial and error, but I'll eventually get it. No more searching all over for unleaded race gas.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by wkdivr
Glad to hear your kit is working! I have the same kit, got it all installed yeaterday, but it's been raining the last few days, so I can't really try it at real boost. Eventually, I plan to have two tunes. My street tune is suited to generally running easy on the street. I'll leave the gain set real light on the remote. Use the meth as insurance. For a race tune, lots more timing, and less fuel at wot. It will take lots of trial and error, but I'll eventually get it. No more searching all over for unleaded race gas.
I've thought about 2 tunes but decided on just one with methanol. Want to be prepared for whatever comes along at anytime. Toying with the idea for a future project. An onboard PC with a 7" touch screen. Used for everything from tuning to MP3, navigation, HDTV, DVD, cell phone etc.... maybe 2 tunes then.

Hope my vague input on the install helped yesterday. My daughter had the camera or I would have sent some pixs.

I think you will like the kit.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KySilverado
Toying with the idea for a future project. An onboard PC with a 7" touch screen. Used for everything from tuning to MP3, navigation, HDTV, DVD, cell phone etc.... maybe 2 tunes then.
I think you will like the kit.

Yea, thats my next project...im gonna put it right between the anti-inertia machine and the tachyon generator.....LOL. Kidding aside, that would be pretty slick.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

FWIW, Heet is over 90% methanol from what I've read.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:45 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am gonna run one tune once it's all said and done. On one of my outputs for my WB programmer I am gonna make it at certain afr's trick the ecm into thinking it's got a ridiculous IAT and pull alot of timing in that degree area, like 10* or something. Just in case I run out and the warning light did tell me or I wasn't thinking. Just gotta find out what resistance is what voltage is what degree...blah blah.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:18 AM
TECH Addict

Cool

Originally Posted by COLDZ71
Where did you get the kit from?
Read the first line in the first post.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by KY_BOB
FWIW, Heet is over 90% methanol from what I've read.
It works well. Figured it had to be way up there % wise. I have to find another source. Pint costs about $1. $8 a gallon. OUCH.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
I am gonna run one tune once it's all said and done. On one of my outputs for my WB programmer I am gonna make it at certain afr's trick the ecm into thinking it's got a ridiculous IAT and pull alot of timing in that degree area, like 10* or something. Just in case I run out and the warning light did tell me or I wasn't thinking. Just gotta find out what resistance is what voltage is what degree...blah blah.
Yeah this is the real catch 22 with the system. Relying on the system to add consistant fuel. Should it fail or you run out of methanol. KABOOM!

I am thinking about some sort of failsafe also.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:23 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there are many things on your truck that you count on all the time and if they fail things go boom. the meth kit is just one more of many systems that need to all work for your engine to survive. my $.02, run a ton of meth and pull fuel. then up the boost and timing as much as you can.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:24 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by parish8
there are many things on your truck that you count on all the time and if they fail things go boom. the meth kit is just one more of many systems that need to all work for your engine to survive. my $.02, run a ton of meth and pull fuel. then up the boost and timing as much as you can.
This is easy to live by if you are running a large meth tank - not so much if you only have the stock washer fluid tank to fill up....unless you want to carry extra meth with you and top off any time you buy gas....

Parish, how big is your meth tank?

Quick Reply: First alky injection impressions