FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

First alky injection impressions

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 06:29 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thunder550
This is easy to live by if you are running a large meth tank - not so much if you only have the stock washer fluid tank to fill up....unless you want to carry extra meth with you and top off any time you buy gas....

Parish, how big is your meth tank?
i have a 4 gallon meth cell but if i were to do it again i would just go with the washer tank. if you top off yourwasher fluid tank every time you fill up the truck you will never come close to running out. some people will say thats too much of a pain but for the huge hp gains avaliable it is worth it for many people like me. i am able to run 200rwhp more than 92 octane alone and at a cost of about $1 per tank of gas.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:54 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good point, I guess it's just becoming religious about topping off that meth tank. I haven't gone back to meth yet, been running straight distilled water. I may go back to meth, the only problem is finding it. I may just resort to buying a 55 gallon drum, should last me the better part of a year....

So you would recommend cranking the meth controller up as high as it will go (without turning the mist into actual liquid) and re-tuning for that?
Old 06-06-2006, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

****!!! I got a good supply of meth! I help crew on a friend's Top Alcohol Dragster (actually used to be the Crewchief), and I get all the stuff they throw away. Last weekend, the car shook so hard the fuel tank developed a crack in one of the welds. We drained the tank before loading it in the trailer, and were just going to dump the fuel in the "dirty oil tank" at the track. I said "Hey! I'll take that", and scarfed up another 5 gal. That makes 11 gal. I have at home! Should last awhile!
Old 06-06-2006, 08:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by wkdivr
****!!! I got a good supply of meth! I help crew on a friend's Top Alcohol Dragster (actually used to be the Crewchief), and I get all the stuff they throw away. Last weekend, the car shook so hard the fuel tank developed a crack in one of the welds. We drained the tank before loading it in the trailer, and were just going to dump the fuel in the "dirty oil tank" at the track. I said "Hey! I'll take that", and scarfed up another 5 gal. That makes 11 gal. I have at home! Should last awhile!
I have called dozens of places in KY looking for it. Looks like a 3 hour drive to buy it in qty at $3.50 gallon. Should have seen the Wal Mart checkout lady when I came up carrying 2 cases of Heet under my arms. Guy behind me chuckled when she carded me to buy it.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone who sells VP racing fuel can get methanol. It's called M1. Not sure if they'd be willing to specially order it for you, but, they CAN get it. Check dirtbike shops.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:10 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KySilverado
Guy behind me chuckled when she carded me to buy it.
Up north from ya is http://www.worldwideracingfuels.com/ john Warren, nice guy and very smart. $155 for a drum. And they will freight it to ya. They will quote a shipping price on line.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:28 PM
How do I change this text

Well if anyone want's to check out how much shipping would be, I have a 55 gallon drum of methanol, and would sell as much as you want.
BTW 155 a drum is a killer price.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

A little tip for you guys, if you have a dirt circle track near you, then there will be lots of guys around you that run Meth in their dirt cars and will have some, or will know where to get it. Just a little FYI
Old 06-07-2006, 03:29 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

man, i want meth now after reading this! Sounds like its the next best step after F I . how hard is the install ?
Old 06-07-2006, 03:36 PM
How do I change this text

Very easy. Hardest part is tring to find good places to mount every thing.

Quick Reply: First alky injection impressions