FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

First set of pics....Alkycontrol install

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 07:55 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default First set of pics....Alkycontrol install (complete set of pics, updated 2/4/06)

I got the controller and electronics installed today. Gotta mount the pump and swap out the washer fluid tank still, then put in the extra tank for the real washer fluid. My props to Julio at Alkycontrol....this is a very nice kit. Everything is finished well, and it comes with tons of connectors and pipe fittings and more stuff than I can use. Based on first observation, I would not hesitate to recommend this kit to anyone.

One question about the pump....I am going to be using the washer fluid reservior for the methanol, but I want to mount the pump on the passenger side wheelwell right in front of the firewall because there is tons of room and a nice flat surface for it. Is there any limit to how far from the tank I should put the pump?

The first pic below is the controller, power supply, and 2 bar MAP sensor. Thank god for cable ties and double-stick tape. The second pic is the remote controller, didn't want to mount the whole case so I pulled the controls out. I realized after mounting everything that I can't see the "armed" LED now because the big **** at the top covers it up. Oh well. The third pic is where I put the "system running" LED...should be pretty nice right there next to the boost gauge. I turned everything on when driving around and the LED comes on right at 4 psi, so it's all working correctly, just nothing to spray yet. Will post an update when I get the system running completely.
Attached Thumbnails First set of pics....Alkycontrol install-dscn1338.jpg   First set of pics....Alkycontrol install-dscn1339.jpg   First set of pics....Alkycontrol install-dscn1340.jpg  

Last edited by thunder550; 02-04-2006 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:00 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can put the pump anyplace you want. i would be carefull about puting it too far ahead of the tank due to posiable g forces fighting the flow but even saying that my pump is about 5 feet in front of my tank.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:02 PM
High on diesel fumes

The pump will be behind the tank...front drivers side vs passenger side firewall, so that shouldn't be a problem. If it doesn't matter I will be happy....don't want to cram anything else into the driver's side of the engine bay.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:11 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by thunder550
The pump will be behind the tank...front drivers side vs passenger side firewall, so that shouldn't be a problem. If it doesn't matter I will be happy....don't want to cram anything else into the driver's side of the engine bay.
Awesome! any underhood pics? where are you introducing the meth?
Old 09-25-2005, 01:58 AM
High on diesel fumes

I'm not 100% sure yet, but I will definitely post up some underhood pics when I get everything in.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:05 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by thunder550
I'm not 100% sure yet, but I will definitely post up some underhood pics when I get everything in.
sounds good, looking fwd to the results
Old 02-04-2006, 05:11 PM
High on diesel fumes

Ok well I guess its about time to update this thread. The meth has been in for several months now, just never got around to posting pics of the rest of the setup.

Radix intake tube drilled and nozzle installed just before the TB.

Pump mounted to crossmember below the front of the motor.

Filter zip-tied to tranny line

Not really a good pic, but this is the line coming out of the bottom of the stock washer fluid tank.

This isn't a good pic either, but it shows the line routing from the tank to the pump.

Here is my solution for losing the washer fluid tank. Julio sent this smaller tank with the kit, so I mounted it to the passenger side firewall and re-routed the fluid lines. Also got the stock washer fluid pump to fit into the bottom of the new tank, and ran new wires to extend from the original location to the new location. Everything works like it's supposed to.

Last edited by thunder550; 01-30-2013 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Pic links updated
Old 02-04-2006, 06:48 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice work, i hope you get your trans fixed so you can play with your new toy.youre gonna love those lower i.a.t.s.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:12 PM
High on diesel fumes

Tranny is fixed, just have to finish break-in period and I'll be good to go.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:39 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Didnt know there was a break in period. The guy that built my trans said to get on it whenever I want after I put it in. Lasted till I got the 418 installed. Clean install.

Quick Reply: First set of pics....Alkycontrol install