FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Fixing to get a little faster.......

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 12:26 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man glad everything is working out for you.. man wish i could hear the motor take some video of it idling
Old 07-17-2009, 06:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thunderwagen
I know it but UPS apparently doesn't.
Does shipper know it?

I went to grab one of my stock LS1 injectors to take with me so I could match up the O ring for my Mototrons, and I noticed three of them were missing the top O ring. So I yanked the fuel rail and pulled all of the injectors. Sure enough there they were. So I pulled them out reinstalled the mototrons and put the fuel rail back on. turned the key and had one leaking. I guess the O ring on it got jacked from being jammed in there with an extra little buddy. ...
I'm learning thru you. What to look out for.

Well I grabbed some O rings while I was at work today and changed them out when I got home. No fuel leaks!!!!!!!!!

So I checked everything again, wires etc....... I go to turn it over and the battery is dead.....Just my luck So I pull the honda into the shop and hook up the jumper cables. I turn it over and it starts. Sounds good, but the oil pressure gauge wasnt showing pressure. Only ran a few of seconds. I shut it off and look under the truck. There I find a nice fresh puddle of Joe Gibbs BR30 oil. Apparently my jack *** brother put the oil feed block for the turbo on upside down and the oil was spraying everywhere under there. And before you ask how...I told him it only goes one way for the holes to line up and apparently he figured out a way not to follow instructions. I pulled it apart and fixed the issue.

Then in classic my luck fashion I finished the night off by blowing the upper radiator hose off of the radiator. So now I have a wattery oil slick under the truck. All I can say is im glad the motor is ok and everything is running good. ...
W/o. bad luck, u wouldn't have any at all. Glad it's finally coming together.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Any updates yet? I can't wait to see it on the streets!
Old 07-22-2009, 11:48 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 07-22-2009, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I picked it up last night from having the charge pipes redone. They look awesome. I will get some pics later. Also had a 44mm Trial wastegate put on and it is vented to the atmosphere now. Got to finish up my least favorite part which is wiring on the boost controller nitrous and alkycontrol.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Does that mean you found a tuner?
Old 07-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

I picked it up last night from having the charge pipes redone. They look awesome. I will get some pics later. Also had a 44mm Trial wastegate put on and it is vented to the atmosphere now. Got to finish up my least favorite part which is wiring on the boost controller nitrous and alkycontrol.
I C did not want to drive all this way. If the gate is still down low, make sure you build a support so its not just hanging in free air. Wheres the pics.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah Rick I have a guy buying the Honda so I had to get the truck done asap cause its my only ride now until the Camaro gets here.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:06 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Good news Thunderwagen!! finally going back to work on monday, and getting a 3,500 bonus next friday cause BELL HELICOPTER ISN'T ON STRIKE ANYMORE!! WAHOOO IM SOO HAPPY!!

now i can finally finish my project.. Hey rick I'm the guy with the titan that called a few weeks ago, soon as the rest of my parts come in You should have the truck in 2-3 weeks.. pm me if you have space to do my truck round the middle of august please..
Old 07-22-2009, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 05stepside
Does that mean you found a tuner?

I'm leaning towards LG motorsports. Who did your tuning?

Quick Reply: Fixing to get a little faster.......