FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Fixing to get a little faster.......

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a Precision GT72Q.

I should have everything on and be ready to start it this weekend as long as my valve cover spacers show up.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

I hope it does too. I wouldn't mind seein your truck in person.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thunderwagen
As far as the garage. I have a 40x40 metal building in the back yard with 15 ft side walls. So I can eventually get a lift in there. It is nice to have, but it always seems family wants to store some **** in it.
I'm jealous!!

Originally Posted by 2toneblown
The new escalade feels really really strong on 10#s. I put a converter in it that was suppose to be a 28-3k stall but ended up being about a 4500 stall. The transmission doesnt like that with all the weight of the escalade. I already went through 1 tranny and exploded 1 transfer case. Nobody makes any parts to beef either one of those components up so Im kinda in a holding patern as far as turning boost up or any of that, so with that being said i dont have enough ***** to take it to the track and launch off the 2 step and get a good time out of it. ...
No one makes any parts to beef it up? I can't help ya on the transfer case, but unless I'm F.O.S, isn't the tranny a 80/85e? And if that converter is stalled too high, pitch a fit & get restalled. Or, get a new one stalled where u want. Then put in & go beat the **** outta it.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 05stepside
I hope it does too. I wouldn't mind seein your truck in person.

I'm sure I will run into you at beach st. Or kdale. Once it is running again I will be driving it a lot since the tbss is gone and I'm selling my honda in a few weeks. Its gonna be my only ride until the Camaro comes in.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2toneblown
The new escalade feels really really strong on 10#s. I put a converter in it that was suppose to be a 28-3k stall but ended up being about a 4500 stall. The transmission doesnt like that with all the weight of the escalade. I already went through 1 tranny and exploded 1 transfer case. Nobody makes any parts to beef either one of those components up so Im kinda in a holding patern as far as turning boost up or any of that, so with that being said i dont have enough ***** to take it to the track and launch off the 2 step and get a good time out of it. But its fun and feels good on the street. I thought the Trick kit used the stock manifold on the driver side, you are not...... whats going on over there????? You dont happen to still have the livernois kit laying around do you????
Rossler works on the 6L80e. Doesn't the 4.5k stall mess with your shift timing or adaptive shift programming?
Old 06-23-2009, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I haven't talked to rossler in a few months about it but last time u did he had still done nothing with them because nobody actually made any hard parts for them. Hopefully that has changed, I will give him a shout and see if that hasp changed, thanks for the info. No it doesn't mess with the shifts, it's just flashes way to high. I'm too lazy to pull the tranny again and have it down for a few weeks. Plus I want to sell it so I can build a NNBS truck
Old 06-23-2009, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What cam you gonna run thunder. Maybe I missed it
Old 06-23-2009, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm running the GT2-3 I already had. I'm going to see how it does and may change it later if I want more out of it.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

I guess I will post a few pictures of my progress, and I will let the cat out of the bag on the mysterious box pictures.
Attached Thumbnails Fixing to get a little faster.......-nitrous-motor-install-013.jpg   Fixing to get a little faster.......-nitrous-motor-install-021.jpg   Fixing to get a little faster.......-nitrous-motor-install-020.jpg   Fixing to get a little faster.......-nitrous-motor-install-023.jpg  
Old 06-24-2009, 01:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

And now for my boxes Rick dropped off!

I had the bottom of the bottle coated with LineX so it wont get a fubared when I take it in for refills. The kit is a Nitrous outlet plate kit with bottle heater bracket, 78mm plate. I got the Progressive controller from Trick, and he also took care of me with an FJO wide band that goes with the controller. Thanks for the good deal and great service Rick!
Attached Thumbnails Fixing to get a little faster.......-nitrous-motor-install-003.jpg   Fixing to get a little faster.......-nitrous-motor-install-028.jpg   Fixing to get a little faster.......-nitrous-motor-install-001.jpg   Fixing to get a little faster.......-nitrous-motor-install-025.jpg  

Quick Reply: Fixing to get a little faster.......