Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 09:11 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i definatly wanna see this in action
Old 07-15-2009, 02:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well I got the spacers on and got everything ready to roll.I swapped back to the factory intake manifold because I just think the Victor Jr kills the bottom end a little too much, and this is my street truck. Maybe I will use it on the other one. Turned the key to the on position and then went to check for fuel leaks. Of course I had some The #2 and #8 injectors were leaking from the top. I pulled the rail and checked the o rings. They looked fine. I reassembled everything and still leaky leaky. I will go pick up some o rings tomorrow and see if that fixes the problem..........I hope it does im ready to start this thing and get her on the road
Old 07-15-2009, 07:12 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

bummer!! Get that bitch back on the road!! Who cares about fuel leaks? It'll either evaporate or burn off. It might light the truck on fire but who doesn't live with a little risk these days!!
Old 07-15-2009, 08:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Damn any small thing that could happen is happening! Have you found a tuner yet?
Old 07-15-2009, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn hope you get the leaks fixed. I wanna see vids
Old 07-15-2009, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Spoolin
bummer!! Get that bitch back on the road!! Who cares about fuel leaks? It'll either evaporate or burn off. It might light the truck on fire but who doesn't live with a little risk these days!!
Believe me the thought of an insurance check crossed my mind!

Last edited by thunderwagen; 07-15-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:02 PM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by Spoolin
...but who doesn't live with a little risk these days!!
After last night I'm thinking twice about this philosophy...maybe it's not such a good idea!
Old 07-15-2009, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

I went to grab one of my stock LS1 injectors to take with me so I could match up the O ring for my Mototrons, and I noticed three of them were missing the top O ring. So I yanked the fuel rail and pulled all of the injectors. Sure enough there they were. So I pulled them out reinstalled the mototrons and put the fuel rail back on. turned the key and had one leaking. I guess the O ring on it got jacked from being jammed in there with an extra little buddy. I will grab some O rings while Im at work today and give it another pull tonight.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well I grabbed some O rings while I was at work today and changed them out when I got home. No fuel leaks!!!!!!!!!

So I checked everything again, wires etc....... I go to turn it over and the battery is dead.....Just my luck So I pull the honda into the shop and hook up the jumper cables. I turn it over and it starts. Sounds good, but the oil pressure gauge wasnt showing pressure. Only ran a few of seconds. I shut it off and look under the truck. There I find a nice fresh puddle of Joe Gibbs BR30 oil. Apparently my jack *** brother put the oil feed block for the turbo on upside down and the oil was spraying everywhere under there. And before you ask how... I have an oil cooler so there is an aluminum block for my feed between it an the block. I told him it only goes one way for the holes to line up and apparently he figured out a way not to follow instructions. I pulled it apart and fixed the issue. Cleaned up most of the oil slick, and filled it back up with the not so cheap oil.

I crossed my fingers prayed to the car gods for everything to work out right for once. Apparently they listened, half way at least. Started right up. Got 40psi oil pressure instantly and idled like a champ.

I ran it for around 20 minutes to get it into operating temperature so the rings could seat. I ran it up to 3k rpm a couple of times after it got to temp. Sounds great! Then in classic my luck fashion I finished the night off by blowing the upper radiator hose off of the radiator. So now I have a wattery oil slick under the truck. All I can say is im glad the motor is ok and everything is running good.....I need to pick up some more brake in oil tomorrow, and change it out. Clean up the rest of the mess, and fill up the radiator agian with a new hose and clamp.

Last edited by thunderwagen; 07-16-2009 at 01:52 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:36 AM
GFYS and STFU

Wow...sounds like you have the same luck as me!!
Glad to hear you got it running and figured out your oil problem quickly!

Quick Reply: Fixing to get a little faster.......