FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Flipped manifold kits...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 10:37 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Flipped manifold kits...

What's the best/easiest way to go about putting one together? Does someone make hot pipes to finish a setup like this out? I haven't been too up to date on this setup yet but have entertained the thought on my green truck and it seems like it would be a much less expensive way to pull off a front mount. I'm not worried about looks or making every last possible hp, I'd only be looking for around 450ish hp. This won't be something on the track trying to break records. Just something to drive on nice days and have some extra power.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Slowest turbo build ever!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here ya go, can't think of a better example!

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...t-more-491848/
Old 09-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Yeah. I'm familiar with his build, it turned out very nice!

Just wondering if using a different manifold on one side, different accessories, etc would change things and let you run the crossover differently.

The truck is currently has the wonderful 4.3, but it's giving me issues and I can get ahold of a pretty low mile 4.8 longblock for a song... The swap itself is pretty simple.

I've considered a low front mount setup too, but am leary of the return oil pump situation, the main advantage would be the ease of plumbing it all up..

I had one of the very first KB front mount setups years ago and enjoyed the hell out of it, I'd just like to try something a little different.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having one built as we...type... and he's thinking about making a jig do he can make a few more of them. PM me of you're interested
Old 09-08-2012, 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Shed some light on it sprayedenali... You talking about another flipped manifold kit with twins or just a single?
Old 09-08-2012, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I already got a few PM's about this so I'll just respond here.

It's a twin kit, not single. I thought about that once I posted last time. But he's just flipping the stock manifolds upside down and welding the piping onto the manifold all the way to both T4 flanges. So there's no fitting or connections anywhere except at the engine and at the turbos. He's building it for Borg Warner s300 turbos but they measure about the same as most other mid frame t4 turbos so it should work with most turbos. It's just the hot side and he's said what he will probably do is take the down pipes down the about the back of the engine and put v-band flanges on there so the rest is up to you. Idk about pricing yet but I'll let you know when I find out

And mods, if this is against the rules or anything like thy just let me know and we will figure out how to go about this the right way. I don't want to step on anyone's toes, but since none of the sponsors are making a twins kit I figured it's be alright...?
Old 09-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Sounds interesting

I'm just looking for a single setup but that sounds pretty simple.

As long as no contact info, pricing, phone numbers etc are posted I don't see a problem. We do have several sponsors who do turbo fab work so there is a very very thin line to walk here so just be careful. Main thing is, no contact info, email addresses etc...
Old 09-08-2012, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, seems easy enough. If there seems to be enough interest I'll probably just tell him so sign up here and look into becoming a sponsor to keep things kosher
Old 09-08-2012, 12:43 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

10-4

Doesn't Nelson make a flip setup? Doesn't Manny run one?
Old 09-08-2012, 08:55 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds very interesting indeed.

Quick Reply: Flipped manifold kits...