FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

FM turbo guys: anyone still 3" exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 08:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kazfan30
Thanks for all the posts guys, really. And i am sorry it provoked such a stir, but i have come to the conclusion that at MY power level the 3" will be sufficient but maybe leaving a few horses behind that i can be ok with for a while..... I would like to know with KB's kit on a RCSB if the down pipe is straight enough and if there is enough room to go with "STRAIGHT" 3" pipe with no bends and dump at axle??? In other words buy a stick of pipe and install without a muffler shop or bends involved??
Im running kbs kit with a 3" downpipe. He will send a piece of pipe that will bolt to your downpipe, My muffler shop added pipe to it with minimal bends to join up with the muffler dumped before the axle.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:41 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by drkblusierra
Id rather have a 4500 lb truck that would crush that 2800lb car down the track.... Then tow that "race car" home. Just my preference.
Originally Posted by NicD
The point is you are on the wrong forum if all you care about is towing from your truck. People are obviously trying to make their trucks faster, thus the name of the forum.
Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Do you consider an 8 sec pass fast? What about a mid 9 second pass in a 4wd street truck that all was done was a tire swap at the track? What about the other half dozen 9second trucks and countless 10 second trucks. With enough money people can make anything fast and its painfully obvious youre on the wrong forum.

Sure you can make a car fast easier, no one will deny that, but when I had my stroker motor and actually had a decently quick truck, the look on sports car drivers faces as a 5400# Z71 passed them was priceless. Its nice to have a vehicle that can haul *** then take you out to the deer lease pulling a trailer with all the equipment. Can your camaro do that?
Originally Posted by brent1976
Oh yea, and this guy is in the wrong place to be saying there is no point in making trucks fast. I love the fact that I can drive around in busy traffic for an hour, and maybe see 1 or 2 cars that I thought might be as fast as my truck.

Tearing it up on the street with a heavy truck never gets old!