FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Found this build on another forum!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 09:18 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2005SSR6Speed
Remember that I am running a 3.2 pulley right now on the 122HH and have 15 psi of boost. With the 2.8 pulley it would have been close to 20psi of boost. My engine is a forged 370 and I use the front inlet rear drive setup. The rear is overdriven with the 8" crank pulley which is why I am running a 3.2 up front. The 122HH is a great blower for an engine like mine.

The hard part is going to find drivetrain parts that can survive behind the 2300 at high boost levels. The other big challenge with the 2300 will be supplying the throttle body with enough airflow and fuel needed to support it's power potential.
Yep!That 370 is an awsome set up and well thought out,with the added cubes and the port work done on our heads there is less restriction and free up a lot of air flow.The 2300 is going to be an exiting advancment in the FI business.With its increased efficiency alone will much more power were it is used the most.I need to buy another blower assy why not wait and run the TVS I believe it will provide great flexability,reliability,and great power for both of our applications.I see both of us in line for the 6 bolt heads.
As for the drive line......I may have it a little easier,this BUS has a lot of room
Old 01-11-2008, 09:24 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by supersub
Yep!That 370 is an awsome set up and well thought out,with the added cubes and the port work done on our heads there is less restriction and free up a lot of air flow.The 2300 is going to be an exiting advancment in the FI business.With its increased efficiency alone will much more power were it is used the most.I need to buy another blower assy why not wait and run the TVS I believe it will provide great flexability,reliability,and great power for both of our applications.I see both of us in line for the 6 bolt heads.
As for the drive line......I may have it a little easier,this BUS has a lot of room

Yours will deffinately be a build to watch. The bottom end grunt from the 427 cubic inch will be hard to beat if you have traction.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:02 AM
FormerVendor

- A LITTLE UPDATE -

I just got back home after working on the SSR for about 1.5 days. The Block was fit with the cam, timing chain, high pressure oil pump, flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, covers, oil pan, A/C compressor, 8 groove balancer and installed in the SSR on the first day. The cometic head gaskets, heads, head studs, harland sharp mod rockers, comp hardened pushrods, valve covers, valley pan and kooks 1 7/8 headers were installed this morning before I departed for the drive back home. Hank's son was with me helping the whole time, he was up at 6:00 am with me both days. He was a great asset during the assembly, Thanks.

The SSR is at the exhaust shop now (it was picked up by a transport this afternoon) and should be finished tomorrow. I will be leaving tomorrow evening to go back to Arizona to finish the installation and load a start-up tune in it.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:30 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lookin good! How long are you in AZ for? What part?
Old 01-18-2008, 12:35 PM
FormerVendor

I was there from Tuesday until Thursday and will be back there this evening until Sunday or Monday. I will be over in the Tempe area about 2 miles off of I-10 and Warner Road.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:38 PM
High on diesel fumes

Cool, I have a lot going on this weekend but if you don't mind someone drooling over the SSR on Sunday I'd like to check it out if I can find some time. Would you mind shooting me your phone number so I can call if things work out on Sunday?
Old 01-18-2008, 12:53 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by thunder550
Cool, I have a lot going on this weekend but if you don't mind someone drooling over the SSR on Sunday I'd like to check it out if I can find some time. Would you mind shooting me your phone number so I can call if things work out on Sunday?
If it works out and you can stop by give me a call. Joe (760) 522-8669
Old 01-18-2008, 03:17 PM
High on diesel fumes

Originally Posted by 2005SSR6Speed
If it works out and you can stop by give me a call. Joe (760) 522-8669

Will do, thanks
Old 01-21-2008, 09:39 AM
FormerVendor

I got back home last night and I will leave to go back down and finish everything up from Tuesday - Thursday. Here are some more pictures for everyone.

We got the MagnaCharger installed with all new ARP bolts.

We got the Pulley's all installed, the 2 idler pulley's will be replaced with a set that will be here today. I used these 2 idler pulley's to set up the spacing for belt alignment.

We then attacked the wiring harness to clean it all up and make it easier for the Coil Covers that will be painted to match the SSR.

We also started on the Autometer Gauge install.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:54 AM
High on diesel fumes

That looks great! I'm sorry I didn't make it yesterday, ended up having a pretty busy day. I guess I'll just have to wait till the truck meet in Feb

Quick Reply: Found this build on another forum!