FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Front mount single turbo SS

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 08:44 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front mount single turbo SS

Advice or critism welcome.

04 SS. GT42, FMIC, LS2 intake, 60# motrons, Pump and harness kit, ect ect...

I want to mount the turbo centered and a little bit below the throttle body. Both headers are going to come forward and Y underneith the turbo. All the tubing is 304 stainless, as well as the header flanges. The engine will stay completely stock untill the customer gets greedy.

Last edited by domination; 01-18-2007 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:10 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good, but the trans is not going to like it....
Old 01-18-2007, 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

on leaving the engine stock..... that's a high compression engine as it sits.....your going to want at least rod bolts and studs for the heads....... and why not just bolt the drivers side header on normal and run a crossover under the truck????
Old 01-18-2007, 10:37 AM
Banned

when you see the drivers side header you'll know. Everyone else is running a long cross over, and thats all good and all, but we trying to make something sick looking. I like semetrical looking headers.

as for the bottom end, people are getting away with running all kinds of power adders on completely stock engines. Just as long as they don't get greedy. If this guys budget/time frame allows I'm going to try to talk him into some bottom end goodies. Otherwise he's gonna have a system that will be capable of some seriouse numbers and just be a bottom end away from being able to crank it up.

Can you get rod bolts on these things without taking the short block out of the truck?
Old 01-18-2007, 11:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice, that's bad ***. Did you build the headers your self? What size are they and where did you get the collectors at?

Thanks.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by domination
when you see the drivers side header you'll know. Everyone else is running a long cross over, and thats all good and all, but we trying to make something sick looking. I like semetrical looking headers.

as for the bottom end, people are getting away with running all kinds of power adders on completely stock engines. Just as long as they don't get greedy. If this guys budget/time frame allows I'm going to try to talk him into some bottom end goodies. Otherwise he's gonna have a system that will be capable of some seriouse numbers and just be a bottom end away from being able to crank it up.

Can you get rod bolts on these things without taking the short block out of the truck?
i think you can get to em... just need to pop of the crossmember.....
Old 01-18-2007, 11:16 AM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are AWD you'll have to drop the front diff to get the oil pan off. If you're 2wd then it's just a crossmember.

Nice looking setup, BTW.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:00 PM
Banned

If the diff has to come out then the rod bolts are probably gonna stay stock, untill he has the ambition to get the bottom end done. We are building the headers from 1 3/4 stainless with flanges plasma'ed out off satinless. Stainless works, and detroit flexible are supplying all the stainless parts.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So are you mounting the turbo right in front of the engine like they do on a lot of F-Body kits???? I looked in to that and it is a viable option. My setup uses a stock manifold fliped on the drivers side and a tubular header fliped on the passangers side.

Nice job and caint wait to see some more progress.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:09 PM
Banned

finally got all the passenger pipes done. just need to trim them down and collect them.

The drivers side is coming along too.

Quick Reply: Front mount single turbo SS