FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Gen 1E intercooled Magnacharger.

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 05:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blower

Originally Posted by YenkoST
Well....the only thing really is the harness.....going from your CPI to a MPFI. However, you can do a Marine intake conversion wiring harness and that part will be done with then get tunercats to tune it. The lines, etc will all have to be custom but it can be done.
Dude, you know some sh*t
Old 09-10-2006, 03:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The harness is not a problem. The stock PCM can run standard high impedance injectors and the OEM harness can be extended and adapted with Bosch or USCAR connectors.

Here's a pinout I drew up a while ago:
Old 09-12-2006, 05:43 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Yea I know the stock PCM can be upgraded for different injectors, there are guys on here that havre done it, like james B.
5G's doesnt really sound all that bad for that blower if its intercooled and everything. I really wish I had the dough to do all this now, I'm in college for 2 more years, but after that I think it will be my first big purchase. I hope they still make the blower at that point. Match that thing with some new heads and a 383 just like JamesB and it will scream!
BTW what have you run in the 1/4 with the new stroker?
Old 09-13-2006, 01:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Vortec350ss
...BTW what have you run in the 1/4 with the new stroker?
Who, me? I haven't been to the dragstrip with it in years. It got complicated here when California Speedway started pimping it's dragstrip out to high rollers and made cuts way back on it's street-legal scheduling. Then they decided to move the dragstrip entirely late year. It just re-opened two months ago and since then there has been ONE street-legal day. It was so over-crowded that people with run passes (four runs per pass) only got 2 runs in 4 hours. They are averaging one street legal day ber six weeks now so it's too much a rat-race.
Back in the day when I was frequenting CA Speedway, they had street legals every two weeks and the crowd was the size you could get your four runs in and then have plenty of time to relax and watch everyone else.
That's my excuse.
There is a track here, Perris Auto Speedway, that runs street legal drags every friday night, but they only have an 1/8th mile.
I'm on vacation this week. If I can find a camera jockey by Friday, pehaps I'll make a run at the eighth.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:03 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got my paws on one, it only took about 6 months of phone calls. We've had it bolted up to the engine for a bit, but it's still on the stand. The car has been in the body shop too long. I was planning on trying to bolt on onto the guys Tahoe also, but he sold the Tahoe about the time the blower showed up. Either way it appears that the distributor is going to be the only problem I can see with making this work. To make it work you'd have 3 options. One would be to customize the rear of the base intake manifold to fit the stock distributor. Two would be to find a way to get a non stock (smaller) distributor to work in the stock one's place and still work with the stock pcm. The third option would be to run an aftermarket distributor and switch the engine controller out. You could switch to something like a Megasquirt and tie it in with the factory computer or run a pcm from a Typhoon and a seperate controller for the transmission. Overall it would be one bad *** setup to go on an L31 for sure. Especially with a nice mild blower cam and E-Tech heads.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:18 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

So how big if a pain in the *** would it be to find a distributor to work? Is it the intake on the blower that would get in the way? Ity looks like it comes off the blower in the wrong direction to work with a stock like set up on these trucks. Thats not a big deal though, plumbing is easy enough. Would all the wiring be a pain in the ***, or could this be a plug and play situation more or less? I can see a 350 making a ton of power with this blower.
Hey zippy, how much info did you get from magnacharger about this blower? How much did you end up paying for it? I really havent seen much real info about it except for whats offered on their web page.
Thats too bad about the local track JamesB. I guess I should considder myself really lucky that the New England dragway has street nights every wed. and friday night unless there is a big event planned for friday. Its only a little over an hour from me too.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:50 PM
TECH Veteran

I'll post up some answers later when I can post the pictures. I can't do that until I'm at home. If I get some extra time this weekend I'll try to drop an L31 distributor in it just to see what needs to be modified to make it work.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:31 PM
hog
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Magnacharger doesnt even have that blower pictured up on tehir website anymore, I thought they didntmake them anymore.

installing the picture blower woudlnt be a difficult install at all. You could always get an angle drive distribiter if you had to.

the wiring isnt hard at all either, at least for my marine intake install..

Just use a 3.8L supercharged 2 BAR MAP sensor and use Tunercats to tune.

peace
Hog
Old 09-13-2006, 10:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Old 09-14-2006, 01:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, that's real nice. Do you have any shots of the manifold before the supercharger got bolted onto it?
I don't know how you managed to talk them into selling you that, GREAT SCORE! I want it! I would love to have a 3.3L Whipple sitting on top of one of those manifolds on my engine. I'd even figure out a way to get EGR working.
Very very nice.

Quick Reply: Gen 1E intercooled Magnacharger.