FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Getting a Radix.....have some questions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 12:14 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SlowHoe
I learned my lesson on mail order FI tunes Either stick with the Magnacharger issued tune or find a dyno. Otherwise youre rolling the dice on blowing a motor.

Some more good advice

Sorry i missed this one.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for ALL the good advice!!

I'll probably order next week...just gonna check on other prices first and see if forum vendors can beat or match Superchargesonline. I'm 99% sure I'm getting the IC version now that prices are down a bit. More money now but I'm thinking it'll make me happier in the long run. Like when 6psi is not enough......

Damn .... those wideband A/F guages are expensive. Electrical fuel pressure gauges are not cheap either.....

More than likely since my guages are gonna cost some money, I'll probably hang with the Magnacharger tune for a while. I got an email into their tech support to see if I need to clear the W4M tune first....if It's like the HPP I had ...that thing just takes and stores the stock tune then puts the HPP tune on your PCM....I would think that Superchips does the same thing.

I plan on doing the SC install one weekend and then the transgo/servo the following weekend. Can I run it safe without the shift kit for a week or so??

Thanks for the advice.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by duplantisjj
I got an email into their tech support to see if I need to clear the W4M tune first....if It's like the HPP I had ...that thing just takes and stores the stock tune then puts the HPP tune on your PCM....I would think that Superchips does the same thing.

I plan on doing the SC install one weekend and then the transgo/servo the following weekend. Can I run it safe without the shift kit for a week or so??

Thanks for the advice.
Yes the Superchips saves the tune currently in the PCM.

Yes you would be safe running around for a week or longer without the shiftkit. Provided the tranny has no issues now. I probably ran couple months before installing mine.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:29 PM
TECH Addict

Cool

Originally Posted by duplantisjj
<snip>...

Thanks for the advice.
Remember it is always up to you on how hard you drive it. You might want to have them leave the shift pressures stock if you are putting a shift kit in.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can help you out with your supercharger package as well as a full set of autometer guages.

Please email me and we can work out pricing. I guarantee to have the best prices around on these items except for maybe ebay.

Please feel free to email me at josh@inmotionperf.com and we can put together a system that is right for you.

Edit: oh yea, i put my radix on today!

Old 08-07-2006, 03:44 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Dub Silverado
I can help you out with your supercharger package as well as a full set of autometer guages.

Please email me and we can work out pricing. I guarantee to have the best prices around on these items except for maybe ebay.
Hey thanks Josh. Will send you a email shortly. I'm trying to round up the $$$$ for the Radix.

Man that Radix looks good on your rig,,,,,I WANT ONE...

I also just did a search on Dynojet's site and they list a Dyno shop in Anchorage. So I may have some hope for a Dyno tune down the road.