FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Got my ebay roush tvs today

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 06:30 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I wish we were in the business of selling parts but we are not. We are a supercharger manufacture that makes complete systems. Each part is important to the system and cannot be sold separately.

What part were you looking for anyhow?
Old 02-22-2010, 06:30 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sonoma43
I get what your saying as well, but smart business would be to create new customer's and give them what they ask for. I am in manufacturing and know especially in today's world you must create new friendships and possible future customer's whenever possible.
Create new customers who buy a hundred dollar part vs a 5K part? By selling parts to support a competitors kit they are robbing their own pockets. If they keep it to where the only way to get a complete TVS on your truck is to bu one of their kits can you blame them?
Old 02-22-2010, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Again, we run part sets....If I sell one part, then I do not sell a kit. I am sorry, it is simple economics. If you are in manufacturing then you know what I am talking about.
I know what your saying, but there is always a way to make the customer happy, but instead you turn them down? I would suggest to keep some spare parts around.....Thats like me telling a customer sorry I cant sell you this 2500$ part because I MAY have someone coming in soon to buy this 6000$ complete unit. It's just more sales in my eyes, better for business and makes everyone happy.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by anasasisxenophontis
Yeah exactly...how would they know you don't actually own one of their kits? Little white lie gets you what you need...
Well I tried to be honest and asked if they would just sell me a part. Then they asked me what it was for and I was told they can't help me.
Then I asked what if I had bought a used supercharger and need this part, I was told they would need a serial #.
I really didn't think buying a part was such a big deal. You can walk in any brand car dealership and they will be more than happy to sell what ever part you want.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:33 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by sonoma43
I know what your saying, but there is always a way to make the customer happy, but instead you turn them down? I would suggest to keep some spare parts around.....Thats like me telling a customer sorry I cant sell you this 2500$ part because I MAY have someone coming in soon to buy this 6000$ complete unit. It's just more sales in my eyes, better for business and makes everyone happy.
We do keep parts, for warranty and projected sales. Again, I wish I could help, but the likelihood that the parts are interchangeable is slim.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Create new customers who buy a hundred dollar part vs a 5K part? By selling parts to support a competitors kit they are robbing their own pockets. If they keep it to where the only way to get a complete TVS on your truck is to bu one of their kits can you blame them?
Selling a 100$ part is better than not selling anything to the select individual...im just saying from a sales point of view it's better diversity to sell whatever to whoever as long as you're making money (as a company).
Old 02-22-2010, 06:35 PM
On The Tree

I wish we were in the business of selling parts but we are not. We are a supercharger manufacture that makes complete systems. Each part is important to the system and cannot be sold separately.

What part were you looking for anyhow?
The throttle body adapter, map sensor bushing and retainer, and the coolant crossover pipe
Old 02-22-2010, 06:36 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by 06vortecmaxxx
The throttle body adapter, map sensor bushing and retainer, and the coolant crossover pipe
I can almost guarantee you those three parts would not interchange.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

We do keep parts, for warranty and projected sales. Again, I wish I could help, but the likelihood that the parts are interchangeable is slim.
That I can understand and agree with. If you dont think the parts would work the the application, it turns into more work for you than it is worth after restocking the return from the person.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:37 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 06vortecmaxxx
Any chance SLP could help you?

I wish you luck in getting this going.

I understand how it gets frustrating trying to tie up loose ends.

Quick Reply: Got my ebay roush tvs today