FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Got my ebay roush tvs today

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 06:46 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 06vortecmaxxx
Well I tried to be honest and asked if they would just sell me a part. Then they asked me what it was for and I was told they can't help me.
Then I asked what if I had bought a used supercharger and need this part, I was told they would need a serial #.
I really didn't think buying a part was such a big deal. You can walk in any brand car dealership and they will be more than happy to sell what ever part you want.
Car dealers mark their parts up sometimes in excess of 100%. Magnuson doesn't do this as far as I know. To Brian's point, their replacement parts are built for complete kits, and yes, to keep their existing customers happy they will break the kits and sell replacements as needed. With what I'm sure isn't much of a mark-up to begin with and the fact that they now have special handling costs to handle the incomplete kit differently than the complete ones, I wouldn't be surprised if they broke even or even lost a little bit of money on the overall deal. There is much more to it than just selling a component. I don't see how you can expect them to take that loss to support someone who wasn't (and most likely never will be) a customer of theirs anyway.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
I can almost guarantee you those three parts would not interchange.
I can almost guarantee they would. The 4 bolt to 3 bolt Tb is the same, the crossover pipe is the same on these gm engines, maybe the bushing and retainer wouldn't work but that would be my problem. The main thing I wanted to buy was the tb adapter.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats a lot of speculation saying they probably never will be a customer, I can bet they probably wont be if they do not offer to help.

Just looking at the business side of things here folks, I do understand the reasoning but you should always try to do your best to find new potential buy'ers.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by EVILGMC
im not bashing the kit. just pointing out some of the things contributing to the significant price difference.
I wasn't bashing either i was just stating facts like evilgmc was.
I still think 4-6 hours for complete install time is bs!
Old 02-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sonoma43
Selling a 100$ part is better than not selling anything to the select individual...im just saying from a sales point of view it's better diversity to sell whatever to whoever as long as you're making money (as a company).
Selling a 100$ part to promote people to buy a supercharger elsewhere doesnt make sense to me. Maybe Im missing something here
Old 02-22-2010, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Selling a 100$ part to promote people to buy a supercharger elsewhere doesnt make sense to me. Maybe Im missing something here
Hahaha I dont see where it promotes anyone to buy the kit elseware, but if Brian told me the kit was 5500$ and Joe Blow performance auto told me brand new it was 2500$ where do you think you'd go? If someone wants to buy a part from a company whether its to make something work even if it isnt a kit from that company or just to look at a nice new shiny part the company should accomodate the buyer.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:08 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All it is in the end is incentive to actually buy a complete kit. I wouldnt sell ya'll anything either if you didnt buy a kit from me. Why would I want to help out someone who didnt buy my product, its more trouble than its worth for the little BS parts, they probably spend more time in labor boxing up the parts than their profit margin on each of the parts. Their profit is off the actual charger itself, I just dont understand why everyone is so butt-hurt over magnacharger not wanting to help out someone who bought a competitors kit regardless of whether or not they stand to profit at all from it. You guys act like byt magnacharger selling whatever you all need that they are getting a loyal customer or some ****. This thread is on par with the thread debating markup on parts.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
All it is in the end is incentive to actually buy a complete kit. I wouldnt sell ya'll anything either if you didnt buy a kit from me. Why would I want to help out someone who didnt buy my product, its more trouble than its worth for the little BS parts, they probably spend more time in labor boxing up the parts than their profit margin on each of the parts. Their profit is off the actual charger itself, I just dont understand why everyone is so butt-hurt over magnacharger not wanting to help out someone who bought a competitors kit regardless of whether or not they stand to profit at all from it. You guys act like byt magnacharger selling whatever you all need that they are getting a loyal customer or some ****. This thread is on par with the thread debating markup on parts.
im sure they only make money on the charger itself...
Old 02-22-2010, 07:16 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think some of you are missing the point.

Here's a great example for you. My local Chevy dealer won't service my 97 vette. Why? Because I put a 2002 PCM in it and put a 2001 BCM in it and a GM LSX 427 with the driveline out of a 2002 Z06.

Now, you might think "But he used all GM parts!" (and you'd be wrong )

I happen to agree for the most part with the service manager's decision. Why would I do that? For one thing, they have no idea what these new fangled computer gizmos are all about and it would take them years to get up to speed with what I did. For the second part, from their point of view, my car is a frankenstein -- I'm using a bunch of parts outside their intended use, which puts them squarely outside the training of the GM Techs (plus they can't just punch in a VIN number... lazy GM techs!).

Now, on to this situation. You guys are buying Roush superchargers from a failed Roush development program (that's why they are so cheap). You are not buying retail kits from Magnuson -- OR EVEN FROM ROUSH. You are not Magnuson customers (nor Roush...). Magnuson is NOT in the parts business. Magnuson does NOT support Roush kits (and vice versa -- think I lie? Call Roush and tell them you have a maggie and try to buy a part...). Simple point of fact is to get a deal like this, you are buying unsupported parts and incomplete kits. You should have known that going in, IMO, and have no reasonable expectation that Maggie parts will be usable or available.

Let's get back to the business of this thread from here on. We know Magnuson will not sell you parts -- namely because they won't work anyway (and again, I direct you to my earlier post at the beginning of this thread -- not to mention Brian's more recent post). There's no use debating the point.

Last edited by TurboBerserker; 02-22-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:17 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Didn't Mark offer to make an adapter for you? The Map bushing isn't a GM part? You should be able to piece together some stainless braided hose and fittings for the crossover. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me....

Quick Reply: Got my ebay roush tvs today